Manufacturing Technician I
Company: Zentech Manufacturing I
Posted on: November 14, 2023
Looking to excel in your career and grow professionally in a
thriving business? Zentech is rapidly growing and is seeking
experienced professionals in several areas. Zentech is one of the
leading and most highly certified U.S. based Electronics
Manufacturing Services (EMS) providers in North America. We support
original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) of medical devices,
aerospace and defense products, and industrial equipment with
engineering & manufacturing solutions. These solutions include
product design, printed circuit board layout, test development, and
manufacturing support through the whole product lifecycle. The
products and designs Zentech support are an integral part of
everyday life and in mission critical environments. Many can be
seen every day at sporting events, on delivery trucks, in medical
offices, at construction sites, on American farms, and on
commercial aircraft. Other products and designs are unseen but
vital, such the work we do for our domestic and foreign military
customers who rely on our technical skills to help ensure our
country remains safe, our warfighters remain out of harm's way, and
our nation's networks remain free from intrusion.Zentech has
developed strengths in the required manufacturing processes for
high reliability, high complexity, low-to-medium volume printed
circuit boards and box builds, all with best-in-class ability to
scale to higher volume products. Manufacturing Technician
ISummary:The Manufacturing Technician I's function is to provide
technical support to all the production equipment & machinery on
the plant floor. The Manufacturing Technician I will install,
troubleshoot, program, repair any issues with equipment; along with
providing maintenance support for the entire facility.Essential
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Troubleshoots and repairs electrical/electronic equipment
including but not limited to programmable controls, numeral
controls, power supplies, drives, gages and test equipment.
- Coordinate with Vendor's on necessary outside repairs and new
- Installs, starts up and shuts down equipment in accordance with
company safety procedures formachine activation and shutdown and in
line with OSHA requirements.
- Provides support and training to operators and assembly
personnel when necessary on various equipment & machines
- Informs appropriate management of potential
electrical/mechanical safety problems and inherent dangers
- Assist in plant maintenance internal and external activities
including coordinating outside contractors and verification of work
- Maintains company-required performance and maintenance records
for identified equipment.
- Repair or replace defective equipment parts using hand tools
and power tools.
- Perform routine preventive maintenance to ensure that machines
continue to run smoothly, systems operate efficiently.
- Inspect drives, motors, and belts, check fluid levels, replace
filters, and perform other maintenance actions, following
- Assemble, install and/or repair wiring, electrical and
- Diagnose mechanical problems and determine how to correct them,
repair manuals, and parts catalogs as necessary.
- Inspect, operate, and test machinery and equipment in order to
diagnose machine malfunctions.
- Record maintenance and repair work performed.
- Clean and lubricate shafts, bearings, gears, and other parts of
- Inspect used parts to determine changes in dimensional
requirements, using rules, calipers, micrometers, and other
- Set up and operate machine tools to repair or fabricate machine
parts, jigs and fixtures, and tools.
- Responsible for repairs and troubleshooting of shop equipment.
- Advises operators and technicians of operation procedures and
requirements for working safely with electrical/electronic and
mechanical equipment and components.
- Performs other duties as required.Education/ Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Two-year technical degree or accredited apprenticeship program
or the equivalent in a technical field is preferred.
- At least 2 years of experience as a higher level production
- Experience with SMT related equipment preferred.Job Knowledge,
Skills and Abilities:
- Must be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must have knowledge of machining and assembly practices, tools
- This position requires that the person be able to work
independently; as well as excelling in a team environment.
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to fluently speak, read, and write English
- Ability to use tools ranging from common hand and power tools-
such as hammers, saws, drills, and wrenches, to precision measuring
instruments and electrical and electronic testing devices. Zentech
Manufacturing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zentech will
recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job titles without
regard to real or perceived classification of race, ethnicity,
ancestry, color, marital status, religion, national origin, veteran
status, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender
identity or expression, age, or physical or mental disability.
Keywords: Zentech Manufacturing I, Richardson , Manufacturing Technician I, Professions , Richardson, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!