Maintenance Worker II
Company: University of Texas at Dallas
Posted on: March 11, 2023
Maintenance Worker II
Maintenance Worker II
Commensurate with experience
Position End Date (if temporary)
Posting Open Date
Posting Close Date
Open Until Filled
Desired Start Date
Perform variety of maintenance and repair tasks in one or more craft areas including carpentry, painting, flooring, drywall or general maintenance.
Minimum Education and Experience
High School diploma or GED equivalent or 3 to 5 years of experience in performing general maintenance duties or trade school.
Preferred Education and Experience
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Perform assigned day-to-day repairs and emergency maintenance.
Assist with the upkeep of grounds and buildings.
Assist with installation and modification of building equipment systems.
Maintain lighting systems throughout the facility, cleaning fixtures, and replacing bulbs and lamps.
Assist with troubleshooting and repairs of buildings and installed systems.
Work independently or as a team member.
Conduct minor and major repairs of all buildings and equipment.
Perform preventative maintenance procedures on buildings and equipment.
Set up rooms for activities or classes by moving tables, moving chairs, and setting up projectors and screens to support daily activities and special events in residential areas.
Respond to emergencies during scheduled work hours and after hours, including weekends, as needed.
Work after-hours, weekends, and on-call duties as assigned
Perform additional duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
The division of student affairs promotes and encourages student engagement and belonging. We accomplish this through in-person interactions with students, therefore remote work for this position is not available.
In order to combat the spread of COVID-19 all UTD Faculty, Staff, and Students are required to:
* Must possess at the time of hire and maintain a valid Texas Driver's license and an acceptable driving record.
* May be required to report to on-site work location during campus closure.
* May be required to report to on-site work location during inclement weather.
The University of Texas at Dallas is committed to graduating well-rounded members of the global community whose education has prepared them for rewarding lives and productive careers in a constantly changing world. A diversity of people, ideas and perspectives is crucial to our vision and mission. A charter member of SEA (STEMM Equity Achievement) Change, UT Dallas is a place where members of the community from all backgrounds are welcomed, treated fairly, and encouraged in their pursuit of excellence.
What You Should Know
UT Dallas is ranked among the "Best of the Best Colleges" for LGBTQ Inclusion by Campus Pride. The Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion hosts a variety of programs and leads initiatives toward efforts to cultivate a culture of equity and belonging for all members of the campus community. "LilyPad" lactation facilities are located throughout campus for private use by nursing parents. The University currently supports nine Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) that are communities of faculty and staff from various identities along with advocates and allies (e.g., Black Faculty and Staff Alliance, Universal Access ERG, Military and Veteran ERG).
The University of Texas at Dallas is committed to providing an educational, living and working environment that is welcoming, respectful and inclusive of all members of the university community. The University prohibits unlawful discrimination against a person because of their race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status. Visit https://institutional-initiatives.utdallas.edu/ for more information.
What We Can Offer
UT Dallas aims to attract and retain talented faculty and staff to support the university's mission. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, paid time off, retirement, life insurance and AD&D coverage. UT Dallas also offers employee wellness programs, tuition assistance, professional development through Academic Impressions, and so much more. Visit https://hr.utdallas.edu/employees/benefits/ for more information.
Special Instructions Summary
1) All employees serve as a representative of the University and are expected to display respect, civility, professional courtesy, consideration of others and discretion in all interactions with members of the UT Dallas community and the general public.
2) The University of Texas at Dallas is committed to providing an educational, living, and working environment that is welcoming, respectful, and inclusive of all members of the university community. UT Dallas does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its services, programs, activities, employment, and education, including in admission and enrollment. EOE, including disability/veterans. The University is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities. To request reasonable accommodation in the employment application and interview process, contact the ADA Coordinator. For inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies, contact the Title IX Coordinator.
Keywords: University of Texas at Dallas, Richardson , Maintenance Worker II, Professions , Richardson, Texas
here to apply!