Senior Pre-Construction Manager
Company: Adolfson & Peterson Construction
Posted on: June 22, 2022
Adolfson & Peterson Construction, one of the nation's top
contractors, is recruiting for an experienced Senior
Pre-Construction Manager for our Gulf States region. We combine
more than 75 years of construction expertise with the newest
technologies in order to meet our clients' needs. We serve owners,
architects, and developers with a commitment to teamwork and
quality and are constantly looking for people to help us achieve
our company goals.
Lead pre-construction teams while developing pre-construction
strategies on large, complex, and high risk types of projects.
Provide functional expertise and regional pre-construction team
Because safety is paramount to AP and embedded into everything we
do, all team members are responsible for working safely within our
Incident and Injury Free culture.
Key Accountabilities of the role include:
* Take personal responsibility for working safely within an
Incident and Injury Free (IIF) culture.
* Prepare and/or oversee preparation of conceptual cost models,
budgets, and proposals; perform quantitative analyses of
construction documents and project program requirements.
* Proactively manage pre-construction activities on multiple
projects involving multiple estimating personnel, owners, city, and
architect/engineers. Manage preparation by support team members of
all cost models, milestone estimates, and GMP packages to ensure
compliance with contract, scope, and budget requirements.
* Execute strategies on awarded projects to ensure proper scope and
budget for each assigned project.
* Review item quantities/take-offs, comparison reports, material
pricing, labor production analysis, equipment pricing, general
conditions, direct job expenses, and any other cost elements.
* Prepare the order of magnitude, cost models, and conceptual
estimates as required.
* Ensure the files of ongoing projects such as Bid Book, Addenda,
Bid Documents, and/or Pre-construction Guide are maintained on
assigned projects. Prepare, review, and input data to be used in
our historical cost database.
* Provide consultative guidance on constructability, scheduling,
phasing, and staffing.
* Identify differentiating factors concerning approach, design, and
* Review contractual requirements to determine contractual scope of
work and potential conflicts; communicate potential pitfalls and
risk management strategies with assigned estimating team
* Act as chief strategist for value engineering studies, system
analysis, constructability reviews, and schedule analysis. Develop
parameters for these studies to stay within project scope and
* Build and facilitate collaborative team processes among project
* Supervise and develop staff by establishing expectations,
providing positive and constructive feedback, determining training
and development needs, and conducting on-the-job training.
* Actively participate in Market Sector(s) business development
efforts in support of the strategic plan. Track project leads;
maintain open communication with the client throughout the project
life cycle and deliver a consistent message. Actively review and
exchange information with operations for all current projects.
* Build and manage subcontractor relationships; facilitate bids and
* Develop and maintain relationships with the principals at key
subcontractors, architectural, and engineering firms for business
* Monitor the purchasing plan to ensure subcontracts are being
produced in accordance with the project schedule.
* Participate in the development of proposals to ensure all
materials are client ready.
* Act strategically to help drive innovation and new business.
* Support company efforts to obtain new work by remaining alert to
business opportunities and sharing information with appropriate
company personnel. Report business development activities and
progress to management on a systematic basis.
* Participate in activities to support the company's strategic
planning efforts and/or improve specific business or construction
* Other duties as assigned.
* History of progressively more responsible leadership experience
and proven results including:
* Bachelor's degree in construction management, architecture,
engineering, or related field and 8+years of estimating, cost
analysis and control, and/or engineering experience in large (over
$40M) industrial construction projects.
* MBA, LEED, DBIA, or other advanced degrees are considered
* 8+years of experience in complex construction or design-build.
Desired project experience includes federal and large-scale general
building, healthcare, hospitality, data centers, transportation,
water & wastewater, multi-family, detention centers, utilities, and
* 3+ years of at-risk construction experience.
* Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project.
* Ability to travel up to 25% of the time.
* Demonstrated integrity and ethical standards.
* Experience in complex business as an active participant in
driving growth and change; demonstrated effectiveness in driving
operations and executing plans.
* Ability to identify talent, create and develop teams, and build
trust and engagement.
* Capability to identify and capitalize on opportunities quickly;
ability to maintain effective balance between strategic and
* Experience in driving accountability for financial and
operational effectiveness, integrating and aligning efforts within
teams, monitoring results, and tackling problems directly.
* Experience cultivating an active network of relationships,
driving collaboration and alignment, relating well to key
colleagues, and connecting with employees at all levels.
* Ability to drive to the core of complex issues and provide
insightful and constructive feedback.
* Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
* Health Savings Account
* Flexible Spending Accounts (Dependent & Medical
* Paid Time Off (PTO) and Holidays
* Tuition Assistance Program
* Employee Referral Bonus
Adolfson & Peterson Construction is an Equal Employment Opportunity
Certain positions and locations require COVID-19 vaccination,
subject to reasonable accommodations for valid medical or sincerely
held religious reasons.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
Keywords: Adolfson & Peterson Construction, Richardson , Senior Pre-Construction Manager, Professions , Richardson, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!