Informatica Teradata production support
Company: Cognizant Technology Solutions
Posted on: January 12, 2022
Bachelors in science , engineering or equivalent
Project Planning and Setup:
- Understand project scope.
- Based on the analysis of the type of the project provide inputs
on project methodology to senior stakeholders (Project Manager /
- Consolidate inputs from developers and collectively provide
inputs on activities/ tasks, task level estimates, schedule,
dependencies, risks etc.
- Consolidate inputs from developers and collectively provide
inputs to testing strategy, configuration, deployment,
hardware/software requirement etc.
- Analyze in detail resources required for every phase, conduct
estimation of time utilization of different resources and
activities, prepare resource and development plan or provide inputs
and review with PM.
- Participate in KT sessions conducted by customer/ other
Requirement Understanding and Analysis:
- Along with the Business Analyst, gather requirements
(functional and nonfunctional) from customer.
- Analyze requirements for feasibility with regards to testing
- Provide inputs for requirements prioritization.
- Debrief team on the requirements gathered and seek feedback.
- Participate in client calls and seek clarifications if any.
- Create and maintain requirements traceability matrix along with
- Provide inputs during creation of operational concepts and
- Work with administrators to setup security requirements.
- Understand various functional and non functional requirements
and HLD in order to provide inputs to create LLD and review.
- Recommend make/ buy or alternate solutions.
- Provide inputs in designing end to end solution from a
- Create code development checklist.
- Prepare UI specifications / mock ups for reports / dashboards
and provide guidance to team members/ designers for creating data
mapping documents or unit documents for ETL & BI.
- Provide inputs to data modeling based on the project
- Walkthrough the design along with PM to the customer and
coordinate to seek signoff on design and other artifacts.
- Guide team in coding as per design.
- Define the Development framework, reusable templates based on
the organization repository and past experience.
- Allocate modules to developers for coding.
- Provide inputs for setting up development environment.
- Provide guidance to developers and set standards.
- Review pseudo codes written by developers and provide a go
ahead for code development.
- Review final codes written by developers on adherence to
standards/functionality and approve for testing.
- Monitor code merge to build environment and provide
consolidated feedback to design.
- Provide inputs to testing strategy / approach at a high level.
- Review test cases written by team.
- In case of small projects, review/ guide for SIT and other
- Provide support for development of unit/ integration test cases
- Check if peer review is completed at each step of test
- Monitor defects raised and closed.
- Conduct root cause analysis to avoid repetition of defects.
- Follow up with team assigned for rework on code defects and
close the same.
- Attend QA audits as and when required.
- Setup instructions.
- Understand release and deployment environment and provide
inputs for release/deployments plan.
- Resolve issues that arise during project deployment/ closure.
- Check that all action items mentioned in the deployment
checklist have been completed.
- Monitor and review smoke testing, mock runs.
Project Execution Monitoring & closure (Support to Project
- Provide status inputs to the project manager.
- Support Project Manager in creating a weekly status report
including tasks achieved in the week and plan for next week.
- Provide guidance to team through SDLC.
- Track metrics wrt plan and monitor the same.
- Collect and present metrics (utilization, time spent on each
activity / team etc) to the Project Manager.
- In case of change in the project, support in creating a first
level impact analysis.
- Support project manager in gathering all documents required for
audits and maintain them regularly.
Service Support and Maintenance:
- Create transition plan.
- provide transition walkthrough to the maintenance team.
- Understand internal stakeholders (Account Manager, Project
Managers etc) and client expectations.
- Follow through on commitments, achieve timely resolution of
- Provide guidance to team members to maintain all documentation
related to project.
- Create/ guide creation of knowledge articles on the problem,
workaround solutions, best practices, new methodology implemented,
retrospection report etc.
- Monitor and report the usage of knowledge articles.
- Provide assistance in selection of representative employee
groups for training.
- Conduct training or knowledge sharing sessions.
- Mentor team members in project teams with respect to product
and domain skills on projects.
- Conduct technical, face to face interviews.
- Conduct / support managers in conducting appraisals for team
members and share final ratings with the relevant stakeholders.
- Coordinate with the project/program manager in understanding
how the employee can better contribute to the project, seek
feedback and address concerns.
- Understand RFP.
- Participate in ongoing calls with the vertical team members.
- Provide references.
- Create relevant parts of the proposal and identify the case
studies to be included.
- Provide time and resource estimates based on technical
complexity and type of work done earlier.
- List out the challenges, dependencies, assumptions and
timelines required for the project under guidance.
- Provide inputs on technology preference based on the project
- Review with the applicable vertical teams and incorporate their
Must Have Skills
Good To Have Skills
- Informatica PowerCenter
- SQL Scripting
- Unix Shell Scripting
Employee Status : Full Time Employee
Shift : Day Job
Travel : No
Job Posting : Nov 15 2021
Cognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading
professional services companies, transforming clients' business,
operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique
industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build
and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in
the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 185 on the Fortune 500 and is
consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world.
Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at
www.cognizant.com or follow us @USJobsCognizant.
Applicants may be required to attend interviews in person or by
video conference. In addition, candidates may be required to
present their current state or government issued ID during each
Cognizant is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion,
national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any
other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation
to search for a job opening or submit an application, please email
CareersNA2@cognizant.com with your request and contact
Keywords: Cognizant Technology Solutions, Richardson , Informatica Teradata production support, Professions , Richardson, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!