Information Security Consultant
Company: Santander Holdings USA Inc
Posted on: November 20, 2020
Job Family: Information Technology
Designs, analyzes and supports the company's information technology
structure, systems and processes. Acquires, designs, implements and
operates the company's information technology resources (e.g.,
computer hardware, operating systems, communications, software
applications, data, databases, etc.). Deploys, acquires, maintains
and ensures security of information technology assets. Plans and
tests processes to ensure compliance with system requirements,
business objectives, security standards and other technical
Job Function: Information Security
Develops, manages and operates security services that assess,
prioritize and mitigate information security and technology risk.
Includes cyber security threat services, access management services
and technology risk assessments. Designs network security perimeter
architecture and relevant security controls. Reviews internal and
external IT projects and applications for risk and adherence to
security policies and industry best practices. Participates on
internal security project teams to deploy security technologies and
to make recommendations for hardware/software products for future
release. Liaises with vendors for various security
infrastructure-related products and services.
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Associate, Information Security designs implements and monitors
Financial/Accounting/Operational processes. The incumbent is
responsible for detecting threats and vulnerabilities in target
systems, networks, and applications by conducting systems, network
and web vulnerability assessment / security testing. The
Consultant, Information Security identifies the security flaws and
weaknesses in the systems that can be exploited to cause business
risk, and provides crucial insights into the most pressing issues,
suggesting how to prioritize security resources.
- Conducts Security Monitoring and Incident Response
- Conducts vulnerability assessment on the target IT
Infrastructure, applications and related information assets.
- Interacts with partners as needed to explain work product,
security techniques, methodology and results to ensure appropriate
- Acts as resource for incident response related activities.
Collaborate with technical teams for security incident remediation
- Acts as influencer of peers and management.
- Oversees management and deployment of security infrastructure
including Vulnerability Management, WAF, Network Monitoring,
Logging correlation, DDOS prevention and IPS/IDS.
- Provides technical security consulting support to address
complex business and technology projects and requests.
- Contributes to strategic planning to evaluate, deploy or update
- Analyzes and implements security solutions to meet customer
- Conducts risk assessments to evaluate the effectiveness of
existing controls and determine the impact of proposed changes to
business processes, applications and systems.
- Promotes cross-department collaboration and communication to
ensure appropriate processes, procedures and tools are installed,
monitored, and effectively operating and alerting
- Conducts security research on threats and remediation
- Oversees daily monitoring of security reports to identify
issues and follow these issues to resolution
- Oversees security projects and the security testing of new and
- Prepares system security reports by collecting, analyzing, and
summarizing data and trends; presents reporting for management
- Creates process improvement by identifying inefficiencies and
solutions for process improvements.
- Writes clear implementation guidelines for the implementation
- Guides and confirms that the design has been implemented as per
- Updates job knowledge by tracking and understanding emerging
security practices and standards; participating in educational
opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining
personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Acts as a subject matter expert (SME) while providing
leadership, guidance, and mentorship to other project
- Other duties as assigned.At Santander, we value and respect
differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity
of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to apply.
- Education -
- Bachelor's Degree: Computer Science or equivalent field.
- or equivalent work experience
- Experience -
- 5-9 years in field or similar industry.
- Experience in information security, governance, IT audit, or
- SAS experience.
- Skills & Abilities -
- Knowledge of risk assessment tools, technologies, and
- Experience planning, researching and developing security
strategies, standards, and procedures
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detailbility
to work cooperatively in a team environment
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
- Strong understanding of security, incident response and/or
- Proven ability to understand and analyze complex issues, then
apply experience and judgment to develop sound recommendations
especially as related to malware, eDiscovery, current
threats/attacks and/or vulnerability management
- Ability to communicate concisely, effectively and directly to
- Proven relationship building skills working with mid to senior
level management and cross-functional teams; understands risks;
additional focus on leadership; strong interpersonal skills;
delivers precise, accurate results to meet commitments; mentors
other team members
- Demonstrated presentation development; tailors message as
needed; comfortable presenting to all levels; strong writing
skills; demonstrates creativity in articulating messages that
- Strong knowledge of MIS reporting structures.
- Understands Risk Management needs and designs new solutions
based detailed analysis and validation.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word; Excel)
- Frequently: Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing,
- Occasional moving and lifting of equipment and furniture is
required to support onsite and offsite meeting setup and
- Physically capable of lifting up to fifty pounds, able to bend,
kneel, climb ladders.
- This job description does not list all the duties of the job.
You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other
duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance
of the tasks listed in this job description.
- The employer has the right to revise this job description at
any time. This job description is not a contract for employment,
and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any
time, for any reason.Employees desiring consideration should
complete an online application, utilizing the appropriate process
as subscribed by the posting entity. Employees should provide all
pertinent information to support their candidacy.To be considered
eligible for internal posting, Santander employees must meet all of
the following eligibility requirements:
- Completion of at least one year of active service in
- Completion of at least twelve months in current position
- Be in "Good Standing"Please click here to see the full
Keywords: Santander Holdings USA Inc, Richardson , Information Security Consultant, Professions , Richardson, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!