Training & Documentation Specialist - FMS
Company: University of Texas at Dallas
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Training & Documentation Specialist - FMS
Commensurate with experience
Position End Date (if temporary)
Posting Open Date
Posting Close Date
Open Until Filled
Desired Start Date
Looking for a rewarding career opportunity with great benefits?
Look no further! Join our team!
This position will collaborate with technical/functional support to
provide helpful documentation and knowledge transfer to
internal/external customers. Provides training material design,
conducts training sessions, and monitor and report on results in
support of custom and standard application packages.
Minimum Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree or associate's degree and 2 years of related
experience or high school diploma and 4 years of related
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree and three years of experience in developing,
coordinating and delivering education / training programs within
Information Systems, Business Administration, Health Care or
- Ability to work well with people in all levels of the
organization and handle fast paced, dynamic environment where
competing interests and working multiple priorities is the
- Hands-on experience with one or more PeopleSoft applications
(Campus Solutions, Interaction Hub, Human Capital Management,
Financials,) including integrating PeopleSoft with non-PeopleSoft
- Three years' experience providing training in information
technology as it relates to PeopleSoft or equivalent ERP systems.
Educational or training certification.
- Working Knowledge of PeopleSoft FMS & SCM modules and ancillary
- Working knowledge of User Productivity Kit with an emphasis on
- Working knowledge of creating video tutorials and presentations
directly via screencast, or via a direct recording using
- Hands on experience with educational or training software
- Prior experience with test script automation tool.
- Prior experience with University of Texas Campus or other
agency of higher education preferred.
- Solid working knowledge of all phases of the
software/application development lifecycle
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
75% Contribute independently and execution of assigned tasks
- Plans, organizes, prepares and conducts functional and
Information Technology training and educational programs for
- Performs needs assessments to determine educational
interventions and course development.
- Maintains records of training activities and assesses program
- Participates in curriculum development.
- Identifies operational inefficiencies and problems and
communicates/coordinates improvements where possible.
- Develops communications to inform users of new technologies or
- Demonstrates application functionality to educate
- Assists Team Leadership with creating, modifying and presenting
materials for new and updated enhancements.
- Participates in creating, modifying and training of test script
- Maintain and update training inventory repository.
- Recommends process/procedure improvements
15% Collaborate and share knowledge including:
- Demonstrating expertise to educate internal/campus
- Documenting and sharing tools, tips and knowledge within and
- Provide content/develop training materials to external end
- Deliver or conduct interactive trainings on demand
5% Contribute knowledge and process improvement including:
- Serve as liaison between customer and business analyst and
- Make recommendations for process/procedure improvements
- Posts and reviews with internal/campus customers helpful
documentation for SME
- Project management
5% Other functions as assigned
- Position location will be discussed during the interview
process. Location can be Fort Worth, TX or Richardson, TX.
- Hybrid remote work environment available. A UT Dallas Remote
Work Agreement is required upon employment. Must have the ability
to be on Richardson campus with 48 hours of notice.
Special Instructions Summary
1) All employees serve as a representative of the University and
are expected to display respect, civility, professional courtesy,
consideration of others and discretion in all interactions with
members of the UT Dallas community and the general public.
2) The University of Texas at Dallas is committed to providing an
educational, living, and working environment that is welcoming,
respectful, and inclusive of all members of the university
community. UT Dallas does not discriminate on the basis of race,
color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation,
gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin,
disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its services,
programs, activities, employment, and education, including in
admission and enrollment. EOE, including disability/veterans. The
University is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and
reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities. To
request reasonable accommodation in the employment application and
interview process, contact the ADA Coordinator. For inquiries
regarding nondiscrimination policies, contact the Title IX
Keywords: University of Texas at Dallas, Richardson , Training & Documentation Specialist - FMS, Other , Richardson, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!