Senior Cloud Architect
Posted on: June 24, 2022
When you join Verizon Verizon is one of the world's leading
providers of technology and communications services, transforming
the way we connect across the globe. We're a diverse network of
people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future.
Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of
technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we
are moving the world forward - and you can too. Dream it. Build it.
Do it here.What you'll be doing... This Systems and Maintenance
Engineering role leads the testing and certification and Network
governance of the Verizon Cloud Platform (VCP) Far Edge Platform.
You will be responsible for the Systems & Maintenance Engineering
function for the VCP Far Edge platform, which is a Highly
Distributed, centrally managed Cloud infrastructure for deployment
at Centralized RAN Hubs and Cell Sites to host Virtualized RAN and
support MEC CNFs. In your role you will work to build, test, and
certify the CaaS Architecture and automation tactics to ensure a
suitable platform is aligned with the application functionality to
meet the business' objectives and work closely with multiple
Organizations in support of the LS-3 and LS-6 deployments.As a
technical leader in Systems and Maintenance Engineering, you will
be working on the bleeding edge of technology delivering and
leading the transformation of Verizon's Infrastructure to a modern
Cloud Infrastructure leveraging common Cloud Platforms to ensure
the delivery of robust business critical environments to the
Network. You will work with RAN, Network Operations, Planning, and
IT teams to ensure the resulting platform can be effectively
automated to increase Verizon's agility and speed of deployment. As
part of the relationship with peers in planning, you will have a
deep understanding of the architecture and with your expertise
provide influence to the design as it materializes. As a lead VCP
Far Edge engineer, you will manage multiple business critical
environments using strategic partner software in Wind River Cloud
Platform, Wind River Analytics, Red Hat Openshift and Red Hat
Advanced Cluster Manager. Also, your responsibilities will be to
ensure Wind River Analytics and Red Hat Monitoring Metrics are
certified and integrates with the Verizon Cloud Monitoring
Platform, which is responsible for observability and monitoring
into the field alarms and performance analytics. Your role will
involve technical leadership that helps develop peers across the
organizations, integration into the lab environment, robust testing
to ensure platform stability, and design influence using expert
knowledge of Cloud Platforms. You'll build strong cross functional
relationships with both internal and external partners to ensure
all projects are aligned with business objectives and are delivered
based on business timelines. In this role you will regularly
interact with executive management as a key technical
representative of VCP Far Edge to help provide direction and status
of ongoing projects in the organization.
- Leading the testing and certification of the Highly Distributed
Cloud deployments at Far Edge locations (CRAN & DRAN) using Red Hat
Openshift and Wind River Cloud Platform
- Ensuring the design of the platform meets the business needs
through thorough and comprehensive testing.
- Leading efforts to ensure the relationships between Verizon and
our partner vendors related to the Far Edge CaaS are aligned.
- Lead testing efforts for Monitoring and Analytics
- Leading efforts for new Far Edge technology in the lab related
to testing and certification of the platform to ensure the
stability and simplified integration is delivered to the
- Working closely with vRAN application partners across
organizations to ensure alignment and requirements for
interoperability are present to ensure success of the 5G
programWhere you'll be working...In this hybrid role, you'll have a
defined work location that includes work from home and assigned
office days set by your manager.What we're looking for... You'll
need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Willingness to travel up to approximately 25% of the time.
- Linux experience including system architecture
- Experience and deep understanding of Private Cloud
- Experience and deep understanding of Kubernetes
- Experience in building large scale distributed computer
systemsEven better if you have one or more of the following:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Engineering, Computer Science,
Electrical, Telecommunications or any other related field.
- Ability to work across multiple projects
- Leadership skills.
- Ability to delegate technical responsibility and help guide
projects with peer engineers
- Self starter with the ability to work independently with little
to no supervision or direction.
- Knowledgein developing test cases based off of requirements and
architecture (Functionality, Performance, Stability)
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: Radio
Telecommunications, Virtualization, Cloud technologies.
- Experience and deep understanding of Kubernetes.
- Experience with Red Hat Openshift
- Experience with Wind River Cloud Platform
- Experience and deep understanding of monitoring and analytics
- Knowledge with 5G RAN architecture.
- Leadership skills and the ability to drive teams to
- Ability to influence requirements & direction.
- Programming experience with API, Ansible, Python
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly and efficientlyEqual
Employment Opportunity We're proud to be an equal opportunity
employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon,
we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a
collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity
and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel
valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and
contribute their best. Check out our page to learn more.COVID-19
Vaccination RequirementVerizon requires new hires to be fully
vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable
accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for
medical, religious, or state law recognized reasons).
Keywords: Verizon, Richardson , Senior Cloud Architect, Other , Richardson, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!