Underwriting Service Assistant
Company: State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company
Posted on: June 17, 2022
OverviewWe are not just offering a job but a meaningful career!
Come join our passionate team! As a Fortune 50 company, we hire the
best employees to serve our customers, making us a leader in the
insurance and financial services industry. State Farm embraces
diversity and inclusion to ensure a workforce that is engaged,
builds on the strengths and talents of all associates, and creates
a Good Neighbor culture.We offer competitive benefits and pay with
the potential for an annual financial award based on both
individual and enterprise performance. Our employees have an
opportunity to participate in volunteer events within the community
and engage in a learning culture. We offer programs to assist with
tuition reimbursement, professional designations, employee
development, wellness initiatives, and more! Compensation Package
- Non-negotiable starting pay of $18.75/hrYou are also eligible
- An annual bonus based on individual and enterprise
- Salary increase of $0.50 per hour after the first six
- Annual merit increasesPlease note: This position has an
anticipated start date of Monday, July 18, 2022.Visit our Careers
page for more information on our benefits , locations , and the
process of joining the State Farm team! ResponsibilitiesWho are
we?In State Farm Underwriting, we champion profitable growth by
providing quality customer interactions and products through
simplified processes, technologies and the excellence of our
people. When you join our team, you will execute on our
underwriting philosophy and fundamentals to serve the evolving
needs of our customers. Check out what it's like to be an
Underwriting Service Assistant!Several our teams are hiring, and
you may be considered for multiple opportunities where your skills
and qualifications align. Area for consideration includes, but is
not limited to, Personal Lines Auto Contact Center.Contact Center -
Serves as the primary contact for Agents and Agent team members who
have questions regarding coverage, discounts, and billing. Through
State Farm agents, our customers rely on us to provide accurate,
timely guidance on their eligibility, their placement and their
- Handle inbound calls/chats from agents, claims partners,
policyholders or third-party vendors.
- Engage with customers to identify and address adverse
situations such as billing issues, pricing issues, actual premium
vs. quoted premium, status of policy, errors on policies.
- Review and process applications and/or policy changes according
to established guidelines.
- Perform premium breakdowns, electronically and/or manually
calculate rates based on selected coverages.
- Prepare/type a variety of reports, endorsements, filings, form
letters and cancellation letters.
- Guide customers through navigating existing resources such as
Rate Manuals, Underwriting Guidelines, Auto Answers, etc.
- Provide Remarkable customer service.Training Details: Training
is extensive. Mandatory paid training will take place 8:00 am -
4:30 pm Monday-Friday. The length of training depends on the
function in which you are placed and varies between 6-15 months in
total duration. Limited time off will be granted during the
training. Please ensure you are able to commit to the mandatory
training before applying. Schedules during training are subject to
change based on business need.Once training is completed, various
work shifts apply depending on business need and the function where
each employee is placed. Our team works in a shift environment
between the hours of 7:00 am - 7:15 pm Monday-Friday and may
include holidays based on workload and job requirements. Schedules
may change based on business need and will require flexibility. May
not be able make schedule accommodations, must be available to all
shift times.Incumbency: Due to the extensive training, new team
members are eligible for promotional opportunities after 12 months
of service and 24 months for lateral opportunities.Work
Environment: This is a hybrid role, meaning you will work from home
most of the time with some time collaboratively in office. Training
work arrangements will be shared prior to start date. For a
successful work environment, you will be asked to have a reliable
source of internet for your time working at home. QualificationsOur
Underwriting Service Assistants demonstrate the following skills in
their day-to-day work:
- Knows where to find answers and serves as a technical and
- Demonstrated attention to detail and ability to produce quality
- Communicates clearly, professionally, and empathetically both
verbal and written through remarkable customer service skills.
- Ability to provide remarkable customer service in all
interactions with agents and associates.
- Ability to handle multiple computer applications in a
fast-paced collaborative team environment, experience with
Microsoft Office software.
- Thrives on accountability to your team, your work and your
- Decision Making and Technical Expertise. PM22PI180229621
Keywords: State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company, Richardson , Underwriting Service Assistant, Other , Richardson, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!