Company: Teledyne Technologies
Posted on: January 12, 2022
Company Overview Teledyne e2v HiRel Electronics offers
high-performance, high-reliability semiconductor solutions, which
address the critical functions of the complete signal chain. With a
range of products and package solutions, we cater to civil
aerospace, industrial, medical, military, scientific and space
applications. We also develop customized solutions to meet specific
qualifications or environmental requirements. Position Summary and
Responsibilities Teledyne HIREL Electronics is looking for a Senior
Systems Engineer to take the lead role in assessing and
understanding Aerospace and Defense Electronics, customer's system
requirements, proposing solutions and development of roadmaps for
product families. This position requires strong technical
background, for customer interface with knowledge base of
semiconductor electronics, IC packaging and hybrid modules.
- Interface with customers, representing Teledyne HIREL
Electronics with experience, knowledge and authority in end
customer system needs and requirements for new IC development or
- Working closely with production to assess and provide required
information for assembly and testing of product.
- Taking new product ideas from concept to written definition
(Datasheets and/or design specifications)
- Assessing and negotiating IC development tradeoffs with
designers and customers
- Developing and executing system level verification plans
- Resolving customer application problems and providing
- Analyzing technology trends, human resource needs for projects,
and market demand to plan projects.
- Interface with production, and marketing staff to determine
engineering feasibility, cost effectiveness, to service customer
demand for new and existing products.
- Advises management of new developments which may affect profit,
schedule, costs, customer relations, and/or inter-departmental
- Maintains a working knowledge of new technologies which may
improve operations, and develops recommendations accordingly.
- Develop system demonstration boards which will require detailed
understanding of end system operation
- Packaging concepts such as ceramics and hybrid modules.
Including assessment of Build of Material, Dimensional requirements
and ability to work with third party for Semiconductor Product
Packaging services. Reviewing mechanical drawings for custom and
industry standard requirements Qualifications
- Master's degree (MSEE.) preferred or equivalent with 8+ years
of relevant industry experience with a strong background in
analog/mixed signal product development
- Experience in A & D Segment is a plus
- Must be able to work independently with limited
- Working knowledge with IC development (Worked with a
semiconductor supplier to define a new product and take it to
system level production)
- In-depth knowledge of a broad number of topics including Analog
Signal Chain, Power Management, RF switches, Pre-scalers, Phase
Locked Loops Packaging Concepts and PCB layout / schematics.
- Defense systems, applications and standards (US and
- Familiarity with Military/DoD programs, systems and
- Direct work experience in the US defense industry and
familiarity with those environments
- Communication system integration experience (defense
communications and/or electronic warfare) is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills
to work with clients, team members, and management staff, including
both DOD civilian and contractor personnel.
- US citizenship and fluency in English
- A valid US passport
- Ability to travel to customer sites within the US and
internationally (10% of the time)
- An active DoD security clearance, may be required Citizenship
Requirements Due to the type of work at the facility and certain
access restrictions, successful applicants must be a 'U.S. Person'
(US citizens, US nationals, lawful permanent residents, asylees or
refugees). Teledyne is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity
Employer All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race,color,religion,religious
creed,gender,sexual orientation,gender identity,gender
origin,ancestry,citizenship status,age,disability,protected Veteran
Status,genetics or any other characteristic protected by applicable
federal,state,or local law. If you need assistance or an
accommodation while seeking employment,please email
firstname.lastname@example.org or call (855)479-1480.
Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be
made on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only those inquiries
concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will receive a
Keywords: Teledyne Technologies, Richardson , Systems Engineer, Other , Richardson, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!