Reconciliation Specialist Hiring Event
Company: Steward Medical Group
Posted on: November 14, 2021
POSITION SUMMARY:This position is responsible for Steward
Medical Group follow up operations, meeting goals and company
objectives, in assigned areas of cash posting, collections, payment
validation, customer service and correspondence using any patient
accounting system. Reconciliation Specialist must ensure that all
processes meet all government mandated procedures for integrity and
compliance. Performs all responsibilities in a prompt and efficient
manner. Must be detail oriented meeting multiple deadlines while
working independently and/or in small groups. Revenue Cycle Cash
Operations knowledge is required and Athena experience is
preferred. The Cash Ops Reconciliation Specialist reports to the
Cash Operations supervisor or manager.KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reconcile Bank Accounts using established controls.
- Produce month end finance reports.
- Handle non patient cash.
- Reconciliation of the GL.
- Manage Intercompany Transfers.
- Reconcile patient account postings to deposits in bank.
- Transfer payments to and from the various Steward vendors.
- Work manager holds in Athena related to claims.
- Resolve unapplied cash issues.
- Upload remits for posting in Athena.
- Maintains strict confidentiality and adheres to all HIPAA
guidelines/regulations.REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- 2-3 years experience with medical billing/collection; physician
billing experience preferred.
- 2-3 years experience with Cash Operations including balancing,
reconciliation and EOB interpretation.
- Knowledge of basic medical coding/terminology and third-party
insurance operating procedures and practices a plus.
- Experience with patient accounting systems and billing/claim
submission software; specific Athena Health experience a plus.
- Knowledge of revenue cycle and/or business office
- Ability to utilize basic Microsoft Office programs.
- Moderate to advance level of excel knowledge-including pivot
- Highly detail oriented and well organized.
- Ability to read, understand and follow oral and written
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working
relationships and communicate clearly with customers and insurance
companies both within and outside of
- Education: Associates degree or a combination of High School
and relative work experience.
- Experience (Type & Length): 5 years Experience in revenue cycle
operations. 2 plus years in Cash Operations
- Five plus (5+) years of relevant work experience.What to
- Must have resume to interviewPreferred dress codeBusiness
casual (dress pants/skirt, button down/blouse, optional tie)About
Steward Medical GroupSteward Health Care System LLC ("Steward") is
a fully integrated, physician-led national health care services
organization committed to providing the highest quality of care in
the most cost-efficient manner in the communities where our
patients live. Steward - the largest privately held health care
company in the U.S. - owns and operates 35 community hospitals
across nine states, serves over 1,000 distinct communities and
employs approximately 40,000 health care professionals. In addition
to our hospitals, the Steward provider network includes 4,800
providers, 25 urgent care centers, 87 preferred skilled nursing
facilities, substantial behavioral health offerings, over 7,300
hospital beds under management, and approximately 1.5 million full
risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health
insurance services.Steward Medical Group (SMG), Inc. is Steward's
multi-specialty group practice with over 4,500 employees including
over 1,800 physicians and advanced practitioners. SMG operates
approximately 450 practice locations throughout Massachusetts,
Southern New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida,
Utah, Arizona, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, and provides more
than 4 million patient encounters per year.Why choose Steward
- Competitive health, dental, and vision insurance at competitive
- Time off includes 11 paid holidays and up to 3 weeks of paid
vacation so that our employees can enjoy time spent with family and
friends. Employees will also accrue sick time in addition to
- We value our employees drive and offer tuition reimbursement to
those looking to further their education and professional
- A more casual dress code for those who enjoy a little more
comfort!Perks and benefits
- Snacks and refreshmentsWhat is a hiring event?Think of it like
a job fair, but for one company and more personal. Hiring events
are a great way for employers to fill multiple roles quickly.
Hiring is a human process, and they would like to meet you to see
if you're a fit!
Keywords: Steward Medical Group, Richardson , Reconciliation Specialist Hiring Event, Other , Richardson, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!