Company: Holiday Retirement
Posted on: May 3, 2021
What We Offer!
- Paid Holidays and Vacation for eligible full time
- Anniversary Award - $500 per year after 2 years
- One free meal per day in our communities
- Comprehensive Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Company paid group life insurance
- 401(k) match
- Transfers available Nationwide. Great for active Military and
- Employee Assistance Programs
In the role of Facilities Technician you will provide and manage
the daily and preventative maintenance program within the community
to include overall inspection, repair, and general maintenance of
apartments and other interior/exterior areas.
- Prepare or assist in preparing all market-ready apartments with
little or no guidelines for turn time, which may include painting,
carpet cleaning, general repairs, and housekeeping.
- Perform various preventative maintenance functions utilizing
the TELS Program. Record activity in maintenance log.
- Complete daily community inspections including keeping grounds
and common areas free of trash and debris. Recommend the repair or
replacement of any interior and/or exterior areas
- Perform various maintenance functions such as electrical
installations, pool maintenance, carpentry/construction, furnace
and air conditioner repairs, filter changing, coil cleaning,
plumbing and appliance repairs, drywall and painting repairs, vinyl
installation and repairs, minor roof repairs, etc.
- Monitor the maintenance and upkeep of all mechanical equipment
in the community, including but limited to: water heaters, HVAC
units, kitchen equipment, etc.
- Understand and adhere to Maintenance budgets, work with AMD and
Management team. Ensure open communication with Management team,
RD, AMD, and Life Safety Group.
- Assist in monitoring capital improvement projects. Implement
the Home Office Maintenance programs (i.e., HVAC, carpet, mold,
- Performance on-call emergency service as required
- Control maintenance storage and mechanical rooms. Ensure proper
use and care of all tools, equipment, and vehicles.
- Must meet Holiday Maintenance education/training requirements
of receiving 2 class certifications per year.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years' hands-on maintenance experience in areas
such as plumbing, electrical, carpentry, HVAC, etc is
- Ability to perform and/or coordinate emergency building repairs
at Holiday-managed communities; includes contacting and contracting
subcontractors to complete repairs.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated experience in the safe handling and use of tools
normally used in construction, maintenance, and landscaping.
Includes but not limited to: circular saw, power drill, bench
grinder, string trimmer, hedge trimmer, power floor cleaner, carpet
cleaner, paint sprayer, power drain cleaner, chain saw, and key
- Valid drivers' license and good driving record along with proof
of auto insurance is required
- EPA certified in Freon recovery and handling, or able and
willing to obtain certification within 6 months of assignment.
- Ability to lift up 50 pounds periodically.
Working for Holiday Retirement
Holiday Retirement helps older people live better, and we
accomplish this by following these principles:
- Older people are vibrant and deserve the best experience.
- We promote independence and create choice to do your
- We appreciate and respect our residents, families, associates,
- We believe in life-long learning, growth, and staying
If you have a passion for making a difference in the lives of
older people, we'd love to talk to you.
For 50 years, Holiday has been in the business of helping older
adults live better, age more successfully and stay independent for
as long as possible. Today, over 30,000 older adults in over 260
communities across 43 states call a Holiday community home: and our
employees agree. Beginning in early 2018, and every year since,
Holiday has been certified a great workplace by Great Place to Work
Institute(R), an honor that was also extended to 221 of its
communities in 2020. Helping older people live better is a
tremendous privilege and we would love to share more about our
mission with you.
Holiday Retirement is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is
committed to employing a diverse workforce. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual
orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, gender
identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local,
state, or federal law.
Req ID: 93004
Keywords: Holiday Retirement, Richardson , Facilities Technician, Other , Richardson, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!