Minimum Qualifications include:
Bachelors degree and one year related experience, or an equivalent
combination of education and experience.
Minimum Education and Experience
Will perform training on, calibrate, maintain and operate a
variety of analytical and related laboratory equipment; serve as a
presence in the laboratory to insure that proper experimental
techniques are being used and that the policies and procedures of
the laboratory are being followed.
Preferred Education and Experience
Prefer someone with a Masters Degree and experience with SEM ,
AFM , Raman and IR spectroscopy, thermal analysis, clean room
operations, carbon nanotubes, and chemical/chemical waste storage
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Works in conjunction with the Facility Manager to coordinate
the setup, operation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of
laboratory equipment, instrumentation, and facilities; ensures
compliance with environmental and safety regulations and standards.
2. Maintains current knowledge of analytical laboratory equipment,
and the procedures for operating that equipment. (20%)
3. Collects and analyzes data for faculty, staff, and students.
4. Perform equipment training to new users. (10%)
5. Work in conjunction with the Facility Manager to establish a
rigorous training program for each piece of user equipment.
6. Maintain equipment permissions, and keep active user training
7. Maintains and inventory of spare parts and supplies needed for
servicing and repairing laboratory equipment. (5%)
8. Maintains equipment inventory and monitors service contract
9. Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned. (5%)
Preference will be given to internal applicants.
Special Instructions Summary
1) All employees serve as a representative of the University and
are expected to display respect, civility, professional courtesy,
consideration of others and discretion in all interactions with
members of the UT Dallas community and the general public.
2) UT Dallas does not discriminate on the basis of race, color,
religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender
identity, gender expression, age, national origin, disability,
genetic information, or veteran status in its programs and
activities, including in admission and enrollment. For inquiries
regarding non-discrimination policies, contact the Director of
Institutional Equity at InstitutionalEquity@utdallas.edu or the
Title IX Coordinator at TitleIXCoordinator@utdallas.edu, or call
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Optional Documents
- Curriculum Vitae
- Veteran Employment Preference - Form DD-214
- Human Resources,
800 West Campbell Road, AD3.108