Firmware Engineer (Mid to Senior Level)
Posted on: May 3, 2021
At a Glance
Legrand has an exciting opportunity for a Firmware Engineer to
join the Building Control Systems Team in Carlsbad, CA, Pleasant
Grove, UT, and Richardson, TX. The successful candidates will be
responsible for executing software/firmware development for the
Building Control Systems (BCS) Division and will design, develop,
integrate, and test embedded firmware for lighting control
products. This firmware will be highly reusable and designed to be
leveraged across multiple LNCA Business Units as practicably as
possible. The successful candidates will also contribute detailed
design, coding, integration, and testing skills/efforts in order to
achieve product development functional requirements.
What Will You Do?
- Create architecture and specification of firmware solutions for
embedded electronic products.
- Innovate and/or review product design specifications for
- Design and debug hardware and firmware integration of custom
firmware intended to meet functional requirements of product design
- Analyze and accept firmware modules contributed by extended
team members or contract partners.
- Identify and specify test methodologies required to analyze
software for functional acceptability, including the development of
automated regression test applications.
- Participate in the interviewing, evaluating, and training of
- Plan, assign, and direct tasks and/or projects to team members,
including coaching and developing talent as well addressing
complaints and resolving employee issues.
- Collaborate with engineering leadership in recommending
employees for promotions and salary recommendations.
- Other duties as assigned and/or required.
- Bachelor's degree required, Electrical Engineering or Computer
Science preferred. Master's degree, a plus.
- Seven plus (7+) years experience in Embedded Firmware and
Software. Experience preferably with Agile Software methodologies
creating software architecture, design and testing experience,
working with embedded microprocessor development environments
and/or products using Real-Time Operating Systems (RTOS).
- Minimum of 2 - 3 years of experience in the integration of
electronic products with Control Applications (iOS / Android),
either through the development of the APP or through API
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in leading small teams of
embedded development engineers.
- Expert working knowledge of technical software engineering
including C/C++ programming and Real-Time Operating Systems.
Ability to read and understand organizations' product technical
specifications such as APIs and user guides to determine product
- Experience with EVT, DVT, and PVT phases (Or equivalent
tollgate development processes) for hardware, software, and
firmware development, as well as Alpha and Beta phases for SW.
Experience with Agile tools including familiarity with VSTS and
- Ability to operate and control electronic equipment locally and
remotely utilizing RS-232 and RS-485 communication standards as
well as using TCP/IP and wireless based communications principles
such as Bluetooth, BLE, and 6LowPAN, and use IR remote control
- Advanced use of computers and Microsoft Office Suite
Applications such as Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, and other
Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software applications.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills to
read and comprehend highly complex instructions, procedures, and/or
correspondence while working in a cross cultural and functional
- Ability to effectively present and communicate intended design
and project task assignments to team members as well as the ability
to communicate summarized Project Status to Engineering
- Ability to interview, screen, select, and monitor performance
of technical personnel performing as embedded programmers. Ability
to mentor and coach less-experienced firmware engineers in
development best practices.
- Proficient in prioritizing projects/tasks to meet deadlines and
multi-task while sustaining flexibility in a fast-paced team
environment and changing priorities.
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically and
internationally on a limited basis.
Every single day, Legrand brings power, light and data to
millions of spaces around the world. Legrand is a global,
publicly-traded company listed on the Euronext (Legrand SA EPA: LR)
with 36,000 employees worldwide, a market cap of $16B, revenue of
more than $5 billion, with products sold in 180 countries. Legrand
is listed on the Forbes Global 2000 as one of the world's best
employers. For more information, visit legrand.com.
About Legrand North and Central America
Legrand North and Central America (LNCA) employs over 5,000
associates in 60 locations, working in 6 product categories
(Electrical Wiring Systems, Building Control Systems, AV, Data
Communications, Power Distribution and Control, and Lighting). LNCA
offers comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage. LNCA
offers distinctive benefits like high employer 401K match,
above-benchmark paid maternity leave, paid time off to volunteer,
and an active women's network. LNCA is an employee-centered, growth
company with tremendous opportunity. For more information, visit
About Legrand's Building Control Systems Division
Legrand's Building Control Systems (BCS) division includes the
Wattstopper and Solarfective product lines. Wattstopper offers the
most comprehensive line of simple, scalable and flexible energy
efficient lighting controls and solutions for commercial and
residential applications. These products, programs, and services
have been helping customers save energy, meet green initiatives and
comply with energy codes for more than 30 years. Solarfective gives
Legrand customers the most energy efficient, easy-to-use advanced
shading and lighting control solutions. For more information, visit
Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: Legrand, Richardson , Firmware Engineer (Mid to Senior Level), Other , Richardson, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!