Company: State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company
Posted on: February 23, 2021
We are not just offering a job but a meaningful career! Come join
our passionate team!
As a Fortune 50 company, we hire the best employees to serve our
customers, making us a leader in the insurance and financial
services industry. State Farm embraces diversity and inclusion to
ensure a workforce that is engaged, builds on the strengths and
talents of all associates, and creates a Good Neighbor culture.
We offer competitive benefits and pay with the potential for an
annual financial award based on both individual and enterprise
performance. Our employees have an opportunity to participate in
volunteer events within the community and engage in a learning
culture. We offer programs to assist with tuition reimbursement,
professional designations, employee development, wellness
initiatives, and more!
Visit our Careers page for more information on our benefits,
locations and the process of joining the State Farm team!
The State Farm Investment Department is a leading investment
manager entrusted with managing over $250 billion in support of the
company's auto, home, and life insurance products. Within the
Investment Department, the Corporate Bond team manages $65 billion
in debt securities of both public and private companies and
executes approximately $7 billion in transactions per year.
Internal research and fundamental analysis drive our buy-and-hold
We are looking to add two Investment Professionals to the Corporate
Bond team - one in Public Corporate Bonds and one in Private
Placement Bonds. Candidates may be considered for both positions.
The roles will primarily be responsible for research of new and
existing companies for suitability within our portfolios.
Investment Professionals will have the opportunity to develop a
long-term career and a broad range of skills in the areas of
investment analysis, valuation and trading, and portfolio
management of fixed income securities. Team members earn additional
responsibility and authority over time by demonstrating
These positions will be based at State Farm's newly relocated and
growing investment platform at CityLine in Richardson, Texas, in
the fast-growing Dallas-Fort Worth metro area.
Investment Professional-Public Corporate Bonds
The Public Corporate Bond group manages approximately $55 billion
in debt securities of publicly-traded companies. The Public group
performs in-depth fundamental research and analysis to understand
creditworthiness for investment. Investment Professionals make
investment recommendations in collaboration and partnership with
other members of the group.
- Conduct in-depth research and fundamental analysis of companies
across various industries.
- Analyze financial statements, evaluate business core
competencies, and assess industry trends to integrate into an
- Present investment recommendations through written reports and
- Assist in reporting functions as needed.
- Demonstrate an understanding of both the primary and secondary
fixed income public bond markets as investment transactions become
a larger time commitment in the role.
- Represent State Farm at industry conferences and meetings.
Investment Professional-Private Placement Bonds
Within Corporate Bonds, the Private Placement Portfolio comprises
$10 billion in debt securities of privately or publicly-held
companies, foreign companies, and other non-SEC registered debt.
The team performs in-depth research on predominantly unrated
securities. Team members negotiate new deal terms with investment
bankers, determine relative value of investment opportunities, and
collaborate with legal counsel to structure new debt investments
and amend existing agreements.
- Perform fundamental research and financial analysis of
companies and investment structures for State Farm's private
placement bond portfolio.
- Construct investment recommendations and present in oral and
written form, using bottom-up and top-down analysis.
- Engage management of companies, ask questions, and travel to
meet issuers on-site.
- Integrate legal analysis of private placement security
documentation into transaction covenant negotiation.
- Complete routine and ad hoc reporting.
- Represent State Farm with external partners, including industry
trade groups and investment bankers.
- Assist in expanding State Farm's presence in the private
placement market and help grow private placement opportunities.
- The Public Corporate Bond team seeks candidates with 0-5 years
of work experience; the Private Placement Bond team seeks
candidates with 2-7+ years of work experience.
- Bachelor's degree required. Coursework in Accounting, Corporate
Finance, Financial Statement Analysis or Economics desired.
Candidates with advanced degrees like a M.B.A. or J.D. are
eligible. GPA of 3.5 or higher is preferred.
- Record of achievement in professional and academic pursuits.
Interest in the CFA designation a plus.
- Analytical, inquisitive, energetic, and self-driven with an
interest in investments and financial markets.
- Critical thinking skills with ability to process large amounts
of information and develop insights in a fast-paced market
- Excellent prioritization, time management, and organizational
skills to meet deadlines while maintaining attention to
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with an ability
to articulate and support research findings.
- Exposure to financial and/or legal documents a plus.
Keywords: State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company, Richardson , Investment Professional, Other , Richardson, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!