IP Transactions Attorney
Company: Qorvo, Inc.
Posted on: June 20, 2022
Qorvo is seeking an experienced attorney with a strong
background in intellectual property transactions to join the IP
legal team in our Hillsboro OR, Greensboro NC, or Dallas TX office.
This position will provide support for IP services across various
technology divisions of the company, with a focus on agreements for
the licensing, sale and development of products, technology, and
associated IP such as patents, trade secrets and copyrights.
Requires ability to work in collaboration with other members of the
legal group to provide advice, counseling, and assistance to
business clients on various matters, both domestically and
internationally. Excellent communication and organizational skills
are critical to success in the role.Responsibilities
- Drafting, reviewing, and negotiating IP and technology-related
agreements, including licensing, research and joint development
agreements, manufacturing, supply and services agreements,
distribution agreements, as well as merger, acquisition, and
- Oversee program to evaluate, license and track usage of
commercial and open-source software, for both in-bound and
- Manage adoption and participation in consortium and standards
bodies and monitor activity to track notice and sharing of IP.
- Work with IT and marketing to develop click-through licenses,
as well as standard IP license terms for company information.
- Assist with negotiation and drafting of settlement agreements
for IP litigation and claims.
- Advise on compliance with contractual responsibilities, company
policies and applicable laws and regulations.
- Provide support for other legal department and corporate
initiatives, including developing strategic processes and
- Conduct IP-related training, including developing presentations
and online materials.Qualifications
- Juris Doctorate degree from an accredited law school.
- Licensed to practice law in a U.S. jurisdiction. (Registration
with U.S. Patent Office is also preferred)
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, science, or similar technical
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in reviewing, drafting and
negotiating complex IP-related agreements.
- Background in semiconductor, electronics or related
- Solid understanding of open-source software and common
- Knowledge of governing IP statutes, regulations, and standards
in both domestic and non-U.S. jurisdictions.
- Basic understanding of unique issues raised by agreements
involving government contracts or export control.
- Some experience with privacy issues and general requirements
for compliance is a plus.
- Ability to communicate effectively with business and
engineering clients to define goals and provide practical advice on
legal strategy.MAKE A DIFFERENCE AT QORVOWe are Qorvo. We do more
than create innovative RF solutions for the mobile, defense and
infrastructure markets - we are a place to innovate and shape the
future of wireless communications. It starts with our employees. As
a unified global team, we bring a commitment to excellence, growth
and a passion for creating what's next. Explore the possibilities
with us.We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) / Affirmative
Action employer and welcome all qualified applicants. Applicants
will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, age, military or veteran status, physical or
mental disability, genetic information, and/or any other status
protected by law.
Keywords: Qorvo, Inc., Richardson , IP Transactions Attorney, Legal , Richardson, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!