General Liability/Auto Litigation Counsel (Hybrid)
Company: The Travelers Companies, Inc.
Posted on: June 19, 2022
Who Are We?Taking care of our customers, our communities and
each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this
commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best
property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join
us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives
on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do
it.Compensation OverviewThe annual base salary range provided for
this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad
range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual
salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors,
including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the
skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the
candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our
comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also
eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.Salary
Range$91,500.00 - $151,000.00Target Openings1What Is the
Opportunity?Are you committed to professional growth and
exceptional client service? Imagine a career as a Travelers lawyer
where you can be the best you. As a Counsel with Travelers you'll
be responsible for high quality, proactive case handling and will
have the opportunity to use your legal expertise and litigation
skills to handle a caseload of predominantly low to moderate
complexity and deliver optimal results for Travelers' insured
customers. Travelers offers the strength of a national legal
organization committed to your professional development while
maintaining a local focus so you can be positioned as a strong
legal advocate and valued business partner.
Career opportunity for an Insurance Defense Litigation Attorney
with an international property-casualty insurer. Interesting
caseload in General Liability and Auto practice lines, with
appropriate support staff. The ideal candidate will have at least 3
years' related experience. Hybrid work environment allows 3 days in
office, 2 days remote work.Primary Job Duties &
- (May include all or the majority but not limited to these
- In the handling of a caseload of predominantly low to moderate
complexity, your responsibilities will include:
- Develop and apply effective use of trial skills and techniques
to litigate cases to verdict.
- Conduct legal research and demonstrate strong and persuasive
legal writing and presentation skills.
- Supervise research projects delegated to Associate Counsel and
- Draft pleadings, motions, briefs, discovery and other
documents. Attend court events and other appointments
- Learn and understand Claim and client expectations. Provide
recommendations and case analysis to Claim and insured clients on
appropriate file-handling strategies.
- Build and maintain strong internal and external client and
business partner relationships.
- Effectively utilize support staff consistent with office
protocols and best practices.
- Adhere to all best practices in file handling.
- Fully and effectively utilizes available technology, case
management system and automation.
- Travel as required to meet business needs.
- Provide advice and training to Claim partners and
- Juris Doctorate; graduate of an accredited law school.
- A minimum of one year of litigation practice or prior legal
- Active license in good standing to practice law in the state(s)
in which representation is required.
- Valid driver's license required depending on the
location.Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- 3+ years of prior litigation practice or prior legal
- Insurance litigation work exposure desirable.
- Developing a track record of trial skills and techniques.Job
Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Ability to clearly and succinctly articulate position.
- Ability to analyze legal issues with minimal supervision.
- Appreciation for, and commitment to, delivery of high-quality
- Works collaboratively with team members and others.
- Demonstrates legal acumen.
- Demonstrates personal commitment to professional
- Continued development of technical skills with a goal of
handling the highest complexity/exposure Major Case Unit (MCU)
- Strong research skills.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Decision making and problem solving abilities.
- Sense of urgency / responsiveness.Environmental / Work
Schedules / Other
- Travel Requirements: Travel FrequentlyEmployment
PracticesTravelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the
unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our
organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the
physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we
may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above
or below the level included in this posting.To learn more about our
comprehensive benefit programs please visit
Keywords: The Travelers Companies, Inc., Richardson , General Liability/Auto Litigation Counsel (Hybrid), Legal , Richardson, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!