Software Engineering Manager
Company: HumCap Recruiting
Posted on: June 24, 2022
ESSENTIAL FUNCTION:Reporting to the Director of Engineering, the
- Manager, Software Engineering is responsible for managing a group
of software engineers (10-15) as part of multi-disciplined project
teams developing products with image processing, 3D graphics
rendering, and machine control technologies. In this role, the
Manager, Software Engineering will create an engaging environment
that embraces change and perceives challenges as opportunities.
They will maintain a learning and innovation culture for continuous
improvement of software development processes and programs. As part
of the development team, they will be expected to operate in a
"hands-on" environment and successfully balance multiple
prioritized projects, management of the team, and contributing to
the development of software and solutions. - -Key Areas of
- Lead the execution of engineering development projects from
kickoff through transfer to manufacturing.
- Define feature deliverables, execution tasks, and completion
time estimates to meet product requirements.
- Work together with the team to plan and execute projects.
- Support project management to develop recovery plans for
changes in project scope or missed milestones.
- Proactively perform deep dives for critical problem solving and
- Contribute to development of software applications.
- Day-to-day management of the team's skill sets, workload, and
vacation time to meet goals and metrics.
- Lead, coach, support, and direct the team as needed to grow
their capabilities and develop team leads.
- Become an expert in the client's scanner & mill software
technologies, ensure their development team is following best
practices for complex software development, and develop strategies
to cross train the team across products & software
- Work with Project and Program Management to set schedules for
software builds and content.
- Ensure design reviews are being conducted and builds for
software releases are timely.
- Ensure software development tools, environments, build servers,
and repositories are managed.
- Support research and development of the technology
- Other duties as needed. -Education & Qualifications:
- BS degree in Computer Science or similar engineering discipline
and equivalent experience (MS degree preferred)
- Minor or Coursework in image processing, 3D graphics or
computational geometry (preferred)
- 5+ years of experience in a software development leadership
role using Agile methodologies
- 8+ years of experience in a software developer role using Agile
- Strong proficiency in C, C++, or C# (multiple languages
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Visual Studio, Jira, and
source code control systems
- Medical device product development experience or similar
- Cross platform development experience (preferred)
- Experience with OpenCL, OpenGL, Point Cloud Library (PCL),
OpenMesh, or Geometry3Sharp libraries (preferred)
- Experience with Hudson, Jenkins, or Atlassian build servers
- Experience with Git version control system (preferred)
- Experience developing image processing, computational geometry,
or triangle mesh algorithms (preferred)
- Experience developing algorithms to reconstruct 3D surfaces
from point clouds and/or experience with photogrammetry
- Ability to form relationships and communicate with stakeholders
including customers, project management, product management,
operations, and executive management.
- Excellent organizational, oral and writing skills
- Tenacious Creativity and Innovation: Not accepting of the
- Great Attitude: A great sense of humor, strong commitment,
flexibility (ability to respond quickly to changing workloads and
priorities), and humble (ability to leave your ego at the door).
- Strong commitment to execution without over complication: Doing
what you say every time - -
Keywords: HumCap Recruiting, Richardson , Software Engineering Manager, IT / Software / Systems , Richardson, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!