Big Data Developer
Company: State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company
Posted on: April 28, 2021
We are not just offering a job but a meaningful career! Come join
our passionate team!
As a Fortune 50 company, we hire the best employees to serve our
customers, making us a leader in the insurance and financial
services industry. State Farm embraces diversity and inclusion to
ensure a workforce that is engaged, builds on the strengths and
talents of all associates, and creates a Good Neighbor culture.
We offer competitive benefits and pay with the potential for an
annual financial award based on both individual and enterprise
performance. Our employees have an opportunity to participate in
volunteer events within the community and engage in a learning
culture. We offer programs to assist with tuition reimbursement,
professional designations, employee development, wellness
initiatives, and more!
Visit our Careers page for more information on our benefits,
locations and the process of joining the State Farm team!
State Farm is seeking a bright, diligent Big Data developer to join
our Enterprise Technology - P&C Auto & Fire Modernization team.
This is an amazing opportunity for a passionate AWS Cloud software
development professional who has excellent communication skills,
resourcefulness and thrives when given new challenges. Furthermore,
has a passion to work for a Fortune 50 -- company with a Fortune 50
-- budget to support our Enterprise goals. The ideal candidate must
have hands-on architecture and development experience handling
extract, transform and load (ETL) processes of datasets containing
a mix of structured and unstructured data. Also, hands-on
experience in Amazon Web Services (AWS).
Location: Richardson (DFW), TX
Check out the Dallas campus and our Enterprise Technology
What You Will Do:
- Work with datasets containing mixes of structured and
- Transform unstructured data into suitable forms for analysis
- Perform extract, transform and load (ETL) integrations with
variety of data sources.
- Write ad-hoc scripts and queries, schedules bath jobs and
develops real-time streaming applications and monitors.
- Provide system software support for SF applications, components
& testing software (testware).
- Provides product and/or process expertise necessary to support
design, development, testing and execution of solutions.
- Leads solution design, considering risks, mitigations,
performance, user experience, and testability.
- Participates in the full software development cycle including
coding, testing, implementation, support and sunset.
- Resolves problems that result in a decreased time to market;
improves quality, enhances flexibility, and embraces the solution
We Are Looking for Candidates With:
- Experience in Amazon Web Services (AWS) Cloud Architecture and
- Background in technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, Pig, Hive,
- Experience with various software development tooling and
techniques, (e.g., AWS, Python, Scala, Java, Terraform, GIT
- Experience with AWS services (Glue, Lamdda, S3, Redshift,
DynamoDB, Step Functions, SNS, Athena, DataSync)
- Knowledge of auditing and monitoring in AWS (i.e., Cloudwatch,
- Strong production support and DevOps background
- Experience with Test Automation tools or framework (i.e.,
- Experience with containers and CaaS architecture
- Ability to learn and adapt new technical and business
- Prior Agile experience and product mindset desired
- Works well in fast-paced, ambiguous, and changing
What's in It for You:
- Competitive Benefits, Pay and Bonus Potential: Who doesn't want
- Volunteer opportunities: Get involved and give back to the
- Tuition Reimbursement: We support opportunities for you to
learn and grow!
- A Learning Culture: Mentoring, Professional Designations,
Employee Development, and more!
- 401k Savings Plan
- Dress Code: We trust our employees to dress for their day.
That's right, we trust you...
- We embrace Diversity and Inclusion: We are one team and it is
simply the right thing to do!
- Learn more about our benefits at State Farm Careers !
What You Can Expect:
Next Steps: Competitive candidates may be invited to participate in
the interview process. This is where the excitement begins!
Applicants are required to be eligible to lawfully work in the U.S.
immediately; employer will not sponsor applicants for U.S. work
authorization (e.g. H-1B visa) for this opportunity.
Keywords: State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company, Richardson , Big Data Developer, IT / Software / Systems , Richardson, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!