Senior Embedded Software Engineer
Posted on: May 11, 2020
Everyone communicates. It's the essence of the human experience.
How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we
live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the
network-our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role
and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth,
expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify
migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from
busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers- we provide the
essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to
succeed. The world's most advanced networks rely on CommScope
connectivity.Due to growth and customer demand, we are recruiting
for a Senior Embedded Software Engineer to join our team in
Richardson, Texas or Lowell MA with Richardson TX being the
preferred location.DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES:
- Development of embedded software for wireless radio point
platform supporting data flow and formatting, signaling and
control, network synchronization, and system management functions
in a real time OS environment.
- Development of embedded software running in Linux environment
targeted for FPGA SoC based, multicore ARM processor in both the
user and kernel space.
- Bring up of an embedded Linux environment based on Xilinx SoC
(dual-core Cortex) and definition of the application software
architecture and developed code.
- Development of multitasking code in C/C++/C# for a multicore
processor (Cortex A9) over a real time operating system running
TCP/IP client/server interfaces, boot loading applications, and
- Development of software platform based on object-oriented
- Design software with consideration of system resource
- Provide support to test, production, and field engineers.
- Interface with hardware, mechanical, and other software
engineers during requirements, design, and development phases.
- Produce product requirements, test requirements, design, and
interface documents as needed through the product life-cycle.
- Identify and integrate necessary embedded support
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science , Electrical Engineering
or in a similar field required with eight (8) plus years of
relevant experience OR Master's degree in Computer Science,
Electrical Engineering or in a similar field with five (5) plus
years of relevant education and experience.
- Proven working experience in embedded software development in a
- Experience in hands-on development and troubleshooting on
embedded targets using Integrated Development Environment tools
such as Visual Studio, .NET, and Xilinx SDK.
- Solid programming experience in C#/C++.
- Experience using Subversion and ClearCase for source control
and using Mantis for bug tracking.
- Experience using operating system virtualization tools such as
Oracle VM VirtualBox and VMWare .
- Experience in code development, integration, and verification
hosted in Cortex multi-core.
- Experience using JTAG debugger/emulator.
- Must be very detailed oriented, well acquainted with
configuration management systems, and adhere to software coding
- Must have the ability to multitask, prioritize, and meet
- Must have expertise in analyzing, troubleshooting, and
resolving complex issues.
- Must have strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Experience in Wireless Infrastructure Radio is a nice to haveIt
is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment
Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and
abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment
opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion,
gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other
characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor
and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR
60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit
discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified
individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative
action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ
and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and
qualified individuals with disabilities.;;
Keywords: CommScope, Richardson , Senior Embedded Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Richardson, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!