Director, Human Resources
Company: Travelers Canada
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Who Are We?Taking care of our customers, our communities and
each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this
commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best
property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join
us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives
on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do
it.Job CategoryHuman ResourcesCompensation OverviewThe annual base
salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market
range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across
the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined
by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and
location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials
and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of
employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits
program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash
incentive awards.Salary Range$115,600.00 - $190,700.00Target
Openings1What Is the Opportunity?Under the direction of a HR
AVP/Lead Generalist, drives results for all human resource efforts
for assigned customers. Participates in the development of human
resources policies and programs by partnering with employee
relations, compensation and other specialist functions. Directs all
human resource activities within the customer group. Provides a
high level of coaching and counseling to management and employees
in order to enhance individual contributions. Works in partnership
with HR AVP to develop strategy and drive initiatives that have a
region/countrywide impact. May manage/mentor less experience
generalists/Human Resources managers which will include providing
performance feedback, coaching, and development. Travelers offer a
hybrid work location model that is designed to support flexibility.
#LI-HybridWhat Will You Do?
- Partners with HR RVP /Lead Generalist and field business
partners to make compensation decisions (e.g. base pay, incentive
equity grants) which drive business results and support our pay for
- Working with HR RVP/Lead Generalist, ensures the communication
and execution of our compensation philosophy.
- Organization Effectiveness:
- Administers and communicates HR policies and programs with
- Ensures that human resources services delivered directly or
indirectly are necessary, cost effective and in support of the
- May lead the human resources planning effort within the
customer groups to ensure that there are adequate numbers of
trained staff to accomplish business objectives and that
appropriate human resource systems are in place to select, reward,
train and motivate staff. Encourages progressive management and
leadership characteristics and empowered staff by providing needed
- Develops an effective partnership with line business clients
through consultation on human resources strategic and operational
issues as related to the business plan.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state and local laws that
impact HR; responds to government and employee inquiries or
complaints, coordinates their resolution.
- In conjunction with other human resources staff, participates
in the development of necessary policies and practices to ensure
that they are consistent with overall corporate direction and in
support of customer group plans.
- Consults on organizations effectiveness to include
re-engineering, management/employee development, workflow
efficiencies and organizational change.
- Assists management with cultural change issues.
- May participate in functional initiatives, e.g. College
Relations, Phased Retirement, having an Enterprise impact.
- Performance Management:
- Provides advice and guidance on employee relations' issues,
progressive discipline and documentation requirements to
- Develops interventions (proactive and reactive) that support
employee relations and organizational effectiveness. Drives
- Provides consultative support in the development and
administration of Affirmative Action Programs, responding to
discrimination complaints or charges, and coordinates their
- In partnership with HR RVP/Lead Generalist and Employee
Relations Representative track and assess employee relations
activity in Region or assigned territory. Develop action plans as
necessary to address trends/issues.
- Occasional travel.
- Perform other duties as assigned.What Will Our Ideal Candidate
- Seasoned human resource professional, typically with eight or
more years of experience with most experience preferred in a
- College degree in Human Resources, Industrial Relations,
business or other related course of study.
- Employee Development/Talent Management:
- May execute the human resources planning effort with the
customer groups to ensure that there are adequate numbers of
trained staff to accomplish business objectives.
- Counsels management on HR policies, staff career development,
succession planning and other topics in support of business
- May drive/lead orientation process for new HR Managers.
- May manage/mentor less experienced generalists/HR Managers
which may include providing performance feedback, coaching and
- Staffing and Recruitment:
- Ensures that appropriate human resource systems are in place to
select, reward, train and motivate staff.
- Stays current and is award of social, economic and other trends
that may affect the business or the direction of human resources
policies and programs.
- May assist in the recruitment, hiring and on boarding of new HR
- May work with Talent Acquisition resources to establish
strategy and ensure best uses of resources. Training and
- Designs, develops and delivers HR related training to business
partners, i.e.: Performance Management, Sexual Harassment, Managing
a Diverse Workforce, etc.
- Provides facilitation of meetings as required, such as
assimilations, developing team values, operating principles,
- May facilitate Enterprise Leadership & Development courses,
e.g. Leading People, Leading Teams.
- Extensive and demonstrated knowledge of human resources
including organization development, employee relations, litigation
management and avoidance. Demonstrated Knowledge of functional
areas-compensation, benefits, training and development and
- Experience and proficient in Workday, Microsoft tools, and
other HRIS systems.
- Knowledge of property casualty insurance.
- Business assignment includes full complement of all
underwriting businesses, supporting a minimum of 3 full service
- Assignment includes a large multi-line claim center involved in
the strategic planning of the office and other assigned national
projects/businesses; or tangible, specific, consistent additional
responsibilities requiring a higher level of responsibility.
- Personal Insurance:
- Assignment includes large call center and/or full complement of
all underwriting business, supporting a minimum of 3 full service
offices. Involved in strategic planning/reporting across multiple
call centers or underwriting businesses.What is a Must Have?
- Minimum of five years related work experience, with experience
in a generalist role.
- Broad knowledge of human resources including organization
development, employee relations, performance management,
compensation and talent acquisition.What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members -
including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible
for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions
dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to
an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in
the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment
toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual
contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a
Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of
20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised
of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness
goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to
professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources
to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're
eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the
communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved.
Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that
enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.Employment
PracticesTravelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the
unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our
organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from
our differences. -If you are a candidate and have specific
questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please
send us an so we may assist you.Travelers reserves the right to
fill this position at a level above or below the level included in
this posting.To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs
please visit .
Keywords: Travelers Canada, Richardson , Director, Human Resources, Human Resources , Richardson, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!