LVN Patient Care Coordinator
Company: Children's Home Healthcare
Posted on: March 20, 2023
Responsible for coordinating patient care service and assisting with monitoring field staff. Assisting in field orientation and training. Help conduct clinical interviews. Review documentation accuracy, Data Entry, conduct charts audits, MAR audits, Nursing Note Audits and communicate with field staff regarding documentation deficiencies. Keeping patient charts/profiles in compliance with all regulations that a home health agency needs to comply with.QUALIFICATIONS
1. LVN/LPN with a valid license in the applicable business state (s)
2. Knowledge of State and Federal guidelines for home health services
3. A minimum of one (1) year public health nursing experience or home health experience preferred
4. Excellent organizational skills
5. Good oral and written communication skills
6. Team and service oriented
7. Professional demeanor and appearance
8. Must meet health requirements of applicable state (s)
9. Must be free of communicable diseases and physically able to perform assigned functions
10. Operate an automobile with current driver's license, auto insurance and have a clean driving record
11. Current CPR Certification12. Must be sufficient in or capable to learn the use of Google suite, Adobe Acrobat, and other technology.CLINICAL REQUIREMENTS
1. Consult with physicians and members of the multidisciplinary health team to coordinate patient care, when necessary.
2. Audit discharge and recertified charts in a timely manner to identify documentation deficiencies.
3. Review Plans of Care, physician orders, and discharge summaries before being sent to the physician for signature (if LVN receives -orders must be reviewed by Clinical Supervisor or Supervising Nurse).
4. Review admits and recertification packets for accuracy, completeness, and compliance to federal and state guidelines.
5. Utilize the computer system to document case conferences and 60-day summaries prior to review by Clinical Supervisor or Supervising Nurse. Assure accurate content and timeliness.
6. Assure that service frequency and duration is provided in accordance with Plans of Care. Attend meetings as designated by the Supervising Nurse.
7. Make nursing care visits as required to meet the patient care needs of the Agency.
8. Able to provide direct patient care in home based on agency needs.ADMINISTRATIVE REQUIREMENTS
1. Attend inter agency meetings, weekly.
2. Assist with receiving referrals, evaluate for Agency eligibility, when necessary.
3. Any other functions assigned by the Supervising Nurse/ Branch Administrator.
4. Regular daily worksite attendance is an essential function of this job to execute the work efficiently and effectively. Hours are Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm.5. Participating in on call rotation. Taking on call requires overnight assistance to field staff and families.6. Keeping databases and Externships current and up to date.7. Conduct and Manage the Utilization Review Process.8. Assist with interviewing and orientation of field staff.PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
1. Requires the mobility to work in an office environment.
2. Requires the ability to sit at desk for long periods of time and intermittently walk, stand, stoop, kneel, crouch, climb stairs, and reach while performing office functions; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; lift and/or move light weights.
3. Must be able to maintain effective audio-visual discrimination and perception needed for making observations, communicating with others, reading and writing, and operating office equipment.
4. Must be able to use a telephone to communicate verbally and a keyboard to communicate through written means, to review information and enter/retrieve data, to see and read characters on a computer screen.
5. Requires average lifting up to 50 pounds.
6. Requires ability to drive and/or sit for long periods of time.OTHER FUNCTIONS
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, functions or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Functions, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Children's Home Healthcare, Richardson , LVN Patient Care Coordinator, Healthcare , Richardson, Texas
here to apply!