Medical Records (33776)
Company: Regency Integrated Health Services
Posted on: June 24, 2022
The Medical Records Coordinator will maintain and update the
residents' clinical records in a confidential, systematic,
well-organized manner in conjunction with acceptable
policies/procedures that include OBRA guidelines; Texas State
Standards and Individual Nursing Home Standards. The Medical
Records Coordinator will report directly to the Director of
* File documents in the appropriate records daily.
* Enter new admits and discharged residents in the
Admission/Discharge Log daily.
* Track outgoing telephone orders and other documents pertaining to
* Thin the residents' active charts daily by the census.
* Maintain tracking log for Progress Notes, Physician's History and
* Send out monthly compliance letters to physicians and follow up
bi-monthly on progress of visits.
* Communicate with Administrator, DON and Medical Director on the
compliance of the physicians' services.
* Maintain the Death Report and mail/fax to the State each month no
later than the 10th of the month.
* Print the MARS/TARS and Consolidated Orders.
* Maintain and update Master Signature Legend.
* Audit new admits, re-admits and discharged residents' records and
report findings during the morning meeting.
* Maintain HIPAA log of requests for releases of information
received pertaining to past or present residents of the
* Complete monthly QA forms and participate in the QA and
compliance meetings as required.
* Follow up on incomplete records daily.
* Check Completion of Discharge Summary.
* Close out discharged residents' records.
* Maintain the Destruction Log for closed records.
* Box previous year closed records for storage.
* Order nursing department office supplies/forms and maintain
availability at nurses' station.
* Update forms in various locations as changes are made by the
corporate Forms/Policy Committee.
* May be necessary to assist in the evacuation of residents during
* Actively assist and participate in the enhancement of the lives
of our residents through our dedicated approach to patient care and
our census-building program.
* Actively assist and participate in the development and retention
of staff through; recruitment, training and nurturing the employees
of the nursing home.
* Perform other duties and tasks as assigned by the Administrator
or Director of Nursing in accordance to the qualifications and
* High school diploma or equivalent is required
The physical demands described here are representative but not
necessary all inclusive, of those that must be met by an employee
to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While
performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to effectively communicate. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
Action Rarely Occasionally Frequently Lifting - 1-25 lbs X Lifting
- 25-50 lbs X Lifting - 50+ lbs X Carrying - 1-25 lbs X Carrying -
25-50 lbs X Carrying - 50+ lbs X Pushing/Pulling - 1-25 lbs X
Pushing/Pulling - 25-50 lbs X Pushing/Pulling - 50+ lbs X
Sliding/Transferring - 1-25 lbs X Sliding/Transferring - 25-50 lbs
X Sliding/Transferring - 50+ lbs X Standing X Sitting X Walking X
Speaking X Driving X Balancing/Climbing X Stooping/Kneeling X
Crouching/Crawling X Reaching X Hearing/Listening X Seeing X
Keywords: Regency Integrated Health Services, Richardson , Medical Records (33776), Healthcare , Richardson, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!