Faculty, Physician Assistant Program
Company: West Coast University
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Reporting directly to the Dean/Program Director of the MPA Program,
the Assistant Professor, General Education supports the University
in fulfillment of its mission, purpose and goals. Provides
program-specific expertise and is actively engaged in relevant
department initiatives. Supports University, campus, and/or
departmental goals in order to assure compliance with programmatic
accreditation and/or licensure, internal consistency, and graduate
outcomes that meet student learning, workplace and placement
expectations. Provides professional leadership and support, and
serves as an educator, role model, mentor and facilitator. Focuses
extensively on facilitating student learning associated with
prescribed course and program learning outcomes. Creates an
educational environment which fosters innovation, responsiveness,
and accountability. Actively and substantively participates in
assessment of student learning activities at the course and program
level to maximize the potential for students to learn what is
necessary to meet prescribed outcomes. Vigorously upholds a culture
of academic integrity.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Fulfills assigned teaching load.
- Effectively uses the LMS to supplement instruction (i.e.,
active learning, adaptive learning and/or flipping the
- Participates in and contributes substantively to course and
program level assessment activities via a continuous improvement
plan as set forth by General Education and/or the University.
- Regularly contributes to improvement or upgrading of course
materials and syllabi within prescribed shared governance
- Ensures that all laboratory safety protocols and procedures are
- Consistently employs a variety of teaching methodologies to
instruct students, always with intent to facilitate observable
evidence of student fulfillment of prescribed learning
- Demonstrates enthusiasm for teaching and the teaching/learning
process and for individual students.
- Keeps regular approved office hours (for FT faculty).
- Follows established University protocols for providing timely
feedback and/or academic advising (i.e., Grades in Progress,
student Letters of Concern, etc.).
Demonstrates advanced teaching skills as demonstrated by:
- student evaluations
- peer evaluations (if assigned)
- administration reviews
- evidence of documented student achievement of course student
- Attends professional development activities each year as agreed
upon with supervisor in associate development plan.
- Attends all-faculty meetings as scheduled (for full time
faculty attendance is required, for adjunct faculty attendance is
- Selects a minimum of one of the following activity areas:
publishing & writing, acting as contributor to textbooks,
presenting at conferences or educational trainings, attending
test-writing or accreditation activities, serving on thesis
dissertation committee or other agreed upon professional activity.
OR Identifies and applies specialized research or activities
related to teaching, assigned teaching area(s), or may contribute
to the scholarly community/knowledge of the discipline.
GENERAL SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Records and posts daily class attendance and grades as
required, completes and submits assignments in a timely manner, and
grades tests, quizzes, lab assignments promptly, returning
constructive feedback to students as soon as possible. Engages in
systematic collection of student's work for University outcomes
- Maintains and uses West Coast University officially approved
master course syllabus template and prepares/distributes syllabi in
a timely fashion.
- Submits accurate grade-in-progress report(s) as required during
the term/trimester in accordance with the posted syllabus to the
campus program Dean or Chair.
- Posts accurate points and final course grades earned throughout
the term/semester in accordance with the posted syllabus as per
- Assists with program activities to ensure compliance with
applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations,
accrediting bodies, and University policies and procedures in
concert with other West Coast University campus programs.
- Reviews and recommends improvements and enhancements to the
consistency and quality of course offerings, course/program
development, and curriculum.
- Participates in student success activities such as engaging in
student academic counseling and/or establishing a point of contact
for internal resource/access for student issues.
- Assures students are provided instructional support services
within the subject area taught to maintain the highest level of
student achievement while safeguarding the integrity of the
- Master's or doctorate degree in specialty field required.
- If applicable, certification(s) in area(s) of specialization
- Must provide a documented background in educational methodology
consistent with teaching assignments including but not limited to
education theory and practice, or current concepts relative to
specific subjects he or she will be teaching, or current clinical
practice experience, or distance education techniques and
- Must meet and maintain the qualifications and standards set
forth by any accreditation body that West Coast University is
accredited by or in process of obtaining accreditation from, for
area of expertise and expectations of faculty member as set forth
in regulatory documents.
- Must maintain any professional certifications deemed necessary
to meet the requirements of the teaching role.
- Four or more years of full time documented (a minimum of 60
units; e.g. 20 3-unit course or their equivalent) teaching
experience in a University setting which could include one or more
years of teaching for West Coast University. Instructional
experience must be at institutions which are regionally accredited.
OR Six or more years (adjunct, full-, or part-time) teaching in a
University (or College) setting.
- Working with online learning management systems to further
engage the student learning process desirable.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite Products,
especially Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and other MS office products
- Knowledge of state, federal and local laws/regulations relating
to programs, governmental compliance and other regulatory standards
and/or accreditation bodies.
ABOUT USFor over 100 years, West Coast University has been
educating and preparing students for professional careers across
our six campuses located in Southern California, Dallas, Miami, and
Online. As part of our unique student-centric approach to advanced
healthcare education you will be empowering future healthcare
professionals. At West Coast University our students are Ahead of
the Curve. Our Mission is to embrace a student-centric learning
partnership that leads to professional success. We deliver
transformational education within a culture of integrity and
personal accountability.Our benefited faculty and associates are
offered a comprehensive benefit package including:
- Health & Wellness
- Financial & Retirement
- Family & Parenting
- Vacation & Time Off
- Perks & Discount
- Professional DevelopmentWest Coast University is proud to be an
equal opportunity employer, and we seek candidates who desire to
work in and serve an ethnically-diverse population.Campus: WCU
Keywords: West Coast University, Richardson , Faculty, Physician Assistant Program, Healthcare , Richardson, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!