Registered Nurse (RN) Adult Inpatient Psych (PRN)
Company: Medical City Green Oaks Hospital
Posted on: November 16, 2021
Description SHIFT: PRNSCHEDULE: PRN/Per DiemRegistered Nurse RN
Behavioral Health Psychiatric NurseShift: PRN Medical City Green
Oaks Hospital Green Oaks Psychiatric Hospital currently has
exciting opportunities for Registered Nurses that have a heart and
passion for Behavioral medicine. We currently have opportunities
for full time RN positions for those who enjoy working with all
patient populations. The hospital has a Psychiatrist on campus 24
hours a day for consultation regarding patients. The Physicians
work very closely with nursing staff for collaboration on patient
care needs. We are seeking experienced Nurses who have a heart and
passion for behavioral medicine. Our nurses have the ability to
multi task and have critical thinking skills, which allow them to
take initiative when needed. We seek nurses who have high energy
that can work in a fast paced environment providing compassionate
care to our patients. Green Oaks Hospital:Green Oaks Psychiatric
hospital celebrates more than 25 years of service, has over 106
beds, and 35 physicians on staff. As part of HCA, the nations
leading provider of healthcare, you will have access to resources
that can enhance your career development and progression. Green
Oaks Hospital is a place where one person can make a
- Psychiatric and chemical dependency hospital with more than 25
years of service
- The hospital provides services for adolescents, adults, and
- Provides Employee Assistance Programs, community education and
training as well as outreach services
- WorkReturns Program is a unique treatment program pioneered at
Green Oaks assisting patients transition back to work following
physical or psychological disabilityBenefits: We are proud to
offer:- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance Plans- Paid Time Off-
Short Term & Long Term Disability- Tuition Reimbursement- 401K-
Student Loan Forgiveness- Employee Assistance Program- Employee
Recognition Programs- Discounted tickets at many local attractions-
Discounts to various retail stores and more. Description: The
Psychiatric RN provides direct nursing care in accordance with
established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare
organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans
wounds, monitors vital signs.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well
coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as
appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs
with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective
equipment as required. Qualifications QUALIFICATIONS:
- Graduate of an accredited school of Professional Nursing.
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse with the Board of Nurse
Examiners for the State of Texas.
- Current CPR and SAMA certification is required or to be
obtained during orientation.
- Experience or education with a focus on crisis stabilization,
age specific needs, and/or knowledge of chronic mental illness and
chemical dependency is preferred.
- Strong communication skills in both oral and written format
- Must be flexible and service oriented.Notice Our Companys
recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your
career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During
the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request
financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit
card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters
will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo
Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email,
let us know by clicking here.For questions about your job
application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at
1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Keywords: Medical City Green Oaks Hospital, Richardson , Registered Nurse (RN) Adult Inpatient Psych (PRN), Healthcare , Richardson, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!