Manager, VDC - Process Piping
Posted on: September 14, 2023
Our VDC Manager, manages, coaches and develops team on assigned
projects. With limited supervision, this position will perform some
complex analysis of upcoming projects & activities, while gathering
and distributing information to the appropriate Partners. The
qualified candidate will oversee the preparation and maintain
detailed design drawings, schematics or specifications typically
using computer-aided design software. Works closely with design
originators (e.g., engineers, designers) to resolve design details
or discrepancies or to prepare drawings of unusual, complex or
original designs which require a high degree of precision using
computer-aided drafting (CAD) or computer-aided engineering (CAE)
equipment. Oversees the creation, modification and controls of
detailed two- and three-dimensional parts and assembly drawings
from engineers' and technicians' sketches, plans and written and
verbal instructions. Manages the development and maintenance of
drafting standards and procedures.--
Established in 1946, TDIndustries has developed into one of
America's-- premier Mechanical Construction and Facility Services
companies serving clients through the full life-cycle of a
facility, to include engineering, construction, operations and
maintenance. --For 70--years, our employee-owned company has
provided innovative services that optimize the performance of
world-class mechanical and electrical systems that serve healthcare
facilities, hotels, schools, sports arenas, mission critical
facilities and industrial complexes and other essential
institutions.Our employees, whom we call "Partners" are the heart
of our success and what sets us apart from our competitors. FORTUNE
Magazine recognized TDIndustries as one of the '100 Best Places to
Work', 'Top 50 Training Organizations' and 'Top 30 Companies to
Retire From' due to our solid commitment to the personal and
professional development of each employee.
- Manages, coaches, and develops staff.
- Manages any HR issues. Provides hiring recommendations and
terminates employees, depending on the issue.
- Acts on employee issues and metes out discipline as appropriate
based on performance, conduct and time/attendance.
- Makes recommendations on promotions and salary increases.
- Ensures all team members are trained and up-to-date on current
processes and procedures.
- Acts as the subject matter expert for team and field personnel,
when needed, and interfaces with other team leaders, the group
manager, project managers, the shop fabrication managers and field
supervisors as needed.
- Uses technology such as AutoCAD, Revit, BIM 360 or current
- Reviews highlighted drawings for improvement and/or
- Monitors work in progress and reviews completed work to ensure
compliance with department standards and ensures a high standard of
- Reviews overall schedules, including BIM logs, with department
manager, project managers, shop supervision, and field
- Monitors cost and the schedule as the various projects progress
in order to keep the coordination effort as closely aligned with
the project estimate as possible. Advises appropriate project
management of any potential overruns.
- Responsible for department budget activity.
- Assigns lead coordinators and plans the project team
- Mentors less experienced coordinators within their respective
trade to ensure that they understand how to go about the completion
of the research and layout work necessary to complete fabrication
or installation drawings.
- Plans long range trade coordination in terms of capabilities,
manpower, budgets and objectives.
- Resolves resource challenges between VDC and other
- Participates in the VDC committee and acts as the VDC liaison
for database upgrades or other special projects.
- 5+ years of experience as a Process Piping Designer--
- 3+ years of management or lead experience--
- Previous experience leading/managing a team of 3+
- Bachelor's Degree in Construction Engineering, Construction
Science or related field is preferred.
- Must have knowledge of the commercial mechanical/service
industry, specifically with Semi-conductor plants, Pharma, Labs &
- Understanding of P&ID's (Piping & Instrumentation
- Knowledge of industry standards, workflows, data formats and
- Strong leadership skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and commitment to helping others be
successful with technology.TDIndustries is an Equal Opportunity
Employer. TDIndustries recruits qualified applicants and advances
in employment its employees without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender
expression, age, disability, genetic information, ethnic or
national origin, marital status, veteran status, or any other
status protected by law. EOE Minorities/ Females/ Protected
Keywords: TDIndustries, Richardson , Manager, VDC - Process Piping, Executive , Richardson, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!