Account Manager, Oncology
Posted on: May 27, 2023
McKesson requires new employees to be fully vaccinated for
COVID-19 as defined by the CDC, subject to applicable, verified
accommodation requests.This role is posted in anticipation of
projected business needs. We are seeking talented Account Managers
and Account Executives at varying career levels. Position
Summary:The Account Executive role is responsible for retaining and
growing their territory of existing customers/practices in
oncology. This includes working with the customer to understand and
identify the strategic vision and objectives within the customer
organization while aligning McKesson products and services to
ensure those business objectives are achieved.? The Account
Executive will develop and support the relationship between
McKesson and the individual customer at multiple levels (including
the C-Suite), assisting the customer in maximizing the various
McKesson products they currently use and working with the customer
to identify areas of need where additional McKesson products may
enhance attainment of their business goals. This will also entail
developing and maintaining a productive working relationship with
all pertinent internal departments/teams as well as ensuring all
internal stakeholders are working in conjunction with each other to
meet the overall agreed upon goals and strategies for the customer.
Key Responsibilities:Account Retention & Expansion
- Strategizes, plans, prioritizes, and executes sales activities
to create opportunities with new and existing practices.
- Understand the practices business challenges, strategies and
priorities and how McKesson Provider Solutions can help address
- Identifies the most strategically important customers, decision
makers/influencers and personally develops relationships with them.
- Actively participates in a continuous customer planning
process, in assessing customer value as well as by planning and
shaping account strategies.
- Fully engages the practice in planning the account
- Proactively Develops and expands network to generate
- Understand practice processes, buying cycles and decision
drivers as well as their current and future needs. Articulates
ROI/value of products, services, and solutions Customer Knowledge
- Meet the needs and concerns of the practices considers how
actions or plans will affect practices; responds quickly to meet
needs and resolve problems; avoids over commitments.
- Sets up customer feedback systems Implements effective ways to
monitor and evaluate concerns, issues, and satisfaction within each
practice and to anticipate the practices needs.
- Educates the practices Shares information with practices to
build their understanding of issues and capabilities; is regarded
by the practice as the thought leader in this industry.
- Builds collaborative relationships Builds rapport and trusted
advisor relationships with the practices; demonstrates empathy
towards the customer in all situations and uses that empathy to
successfully resolve issues; establishes regular meetings to be in
front of the customer. Sales Forecasting
- Increases number of opportunities, average deal value, and win
rate while reducing sales cycle time.
- Build a sales pipeline of high-quality opportunities and
disqualifying unlikely and poorly fit opportunities.
- Prepares accurate and timely sales forecasts.
- Conducts win/loss analysis and sharing insights with other
stakeholders. Financial and Business Acumen
- Understand the practices decision drivers from their
perspective (options available, financial benefit/costs) and the
implications that buying decisions have on both McKesson and the
- Draws upon knowledge of competitors and payers to communicate
valuable insight on those issues that deliver results for both
McKesson Provider Solutions and the practice.
- Understand Provider Solutions business units (BU's) and their
relationships to each other within Provider Solutions and
- Prepares and delivers Quarterly Business Reviews; interprets
the data to provide valuable insight and help the practice make
decisions to increase profitable revenue for both the practice and
McKesson Provider Solutions. Market Intelligence
- Identifies, collects, and organizes data for analysis and
decision-making; articulates trends in the healthcare industry and
develops new opportunities.
- Understand McKesson products and value-added services and how
they compare/contrast to the competition
- Knows how the competition positions their products and/or
services in the market and to the customer and can leverage the
weaknesses to McKesson Provider Solutions' advantage. Additional
- Jointly identify and drive the strategic vision and partnership
between the customer and McKesson, ensuring alignment in
expectations for the product/service and the desired outcomes.
Establishing multiple levels of relationship with the customer
(high and wide:? at the user level, department head level, and
senior management), engaging Sr. Leadership when appropriate.
- Day-to-day account management, relationship building, selling
and troubleshooting. Act as both the internal and external customer
liaison, serving as the customer advocate, including monitoring and
supporting all activity and chasing problem resolution through the
appropriate part of our organization and escalating customer issues
quickly if problems are not being addressed sufficiently. Works
with operations, finance, customer care, GPO, generics, sales
effectiveness, contracts, and legal among other internal
- Analysis of sales reports and customer trends to proactively
identify and capture opportunities.?
- Identify opportunities for cross-selling new products across
McKesson, selling add-on services and working with the sales team
to identify opportunities and drive them to closure.
- Participating and deployment of training and education key
- Travel and Expense booking and reporting.
- Sales Force: Document activity, customer notes/status updates,
maintenance of current and potential customer profiles and utilize
to complete/adhere to company processes. Qualifications, Skills,
- 4+ years progressive experience in sales or service
- Valid driver's license and?clear driving record
- Ability to travel up to 75% within the territory, mostly day
travel Critical Skills
- Demonstrated retention and account management experience
- 4+ years experience with professional communication and the
ability to express complex messages, sell services through written
and verbal communications to a variety of practice stakeholders
(including physicians and administrative staff)
- Strong experience with long-term contracts
- Presenting financial information to key stakeholders
- Strategic and creative mindset with problem-solving
- Intermediate proficiency with MS Office, Salesforce.com or CRM
- Experience with delivering customer quarterly business reviews
or analyzing performance and communicating value to customers
- Demonstrated success in customer growth and retention
- Demonstrated capabilities in establishing executive level
relationships and conducting executive-level meetings and
- SAP and Salesforce experience
- Healthcare experience in Oncology or Rheumatology
- Demonstrates leadership qualities and the ability to build and
coordinate a team of professionals to accomplish a common
goal/objective to deliver customer value
- Experience with pharmaceutical products (preferably oncology)
and buy-and-bill model
- Knowledgeable in insurance/payer landscape and trends in
reimbursement and healthcare reform
- Demonstrates an understanding of a private medical practice
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills to
prioritize and execute tasks
- Clinical or medical administrative credentials a plus Education
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Health Administration,
Communications, OR 4+ years of equivalent experience Physical
- General office environment
- Travel up to 75% McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Qualified
applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for
employment based upon criminal history.McKesson is committed to
being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers
opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with
disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with
your job search or application for employment, please contact us by
sending an email to . Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box
will not be accepted.Current employees must apply through the
internal career site.Join us at McKesson!
Keywords: MCKESSON, Richardson , Account Manager, Oncology, Executive , Richardson, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...