Electrical Service Manager
Company: L&S Mechanical
Posted on: November 25, 2022
*About L&S Mechanical*
L&S Mechanical began as a Dallas-based contractor in 1985 and
has grown over the years to have five locations out of Dallas, Fort
Worth, Houston, San Antonio, and Austin. Over the past thirty
years, we have become known as the premier provider of new home
construction in the plumbing industry. In the last 10 years, we
have added HVAC and electrical services to now offer the Tri-Trade
SolutionSM. We pride ourselves on having some of the most highly
trained technicians in the industry. After delivering over 100,000
homes across the US, we know what builders and contractors are
looking for; and we take that knowledge to all the homeowners we
serve as well. From start to closing, we deliver excellence every
stage of the way.
The Electrical Service Manager's primary responsibility is to
ensure that L&S provides outstanding and timely electrical
warranty and retail services to homeowners and builders. Delivering
on this primary responsibility requires directing, training, and
coaching technicians, developing, and maintaining relationships
with builders and homeowners, building, and maintaining a team of
technicians to cover all electrical warranty and retail needs, and
establishing and enforcing clear expectations for electrical
service quality and timeliness. The ideal candidate will have
significant managerial experience as he or she work directly with
service and install technicians, dispatch personnel and other
office personnel to ensure customer satisfaction while meeting
departmental goals and objectives.
* Provide ongoing training and development opportunities for
technicians to meet homeowners' and builders' electrical warranty
and retail service needs while following manufacture
recommendations and any applicable codes, rules, or
* Set clear but attainable expectations for electrical service
* Regularly review technicians' work to ensure quality meets
established standards, techniques, and safety requirements.
* Regularly assess the skill levels of techs and coordinate with
customer service to schedule techs for skill-appropriate service
* Maintain regular communication channels with dispatch regarding
project information, estimated time to complete jobs, labor hours
and parts or material used.
* Communicate with purchasing concerning warranty issues, product
recall notices, operational problems with products, premature
failures, and other issues as they apply to products and equipment
sold and serviced by L&S.
* Review and approve work orders, invoices, extras, and time
* Monitor PulseM and Google reviews.
* Collaborate with the parts coordinator to ensure parts are
ordered and received in a timely manner.
* Ensure that materials and parts in tech vans are properly stocked
and adjusted as needed.
* Maintain state-of-the-art skills and product knowledge.
* Serve as the final escalation point for difficult service
* Develop and maintain relationships with builders, homeowners, and
* Support production as needed.
* Work with other departmental managers and others to meet company
and departmental goals and objectives.
* Perform other tasks and responsibilities as necessary or
* Excellent customer service skills
* Significant managerial experience
* State-of-the-art knowledge of electrical
* Familiarity with relevant local codes, rules and regulations
pertaining to plumbing
* Demonstrated leadership skills
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Experience with conflict management and de-escalation
* Highly organized
* Knowledge of and proficiency in common office applications such
as MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and general software navigation
* Possess a drive for constant improvement
* Valid driver's license with a clean driving record and
* Ability and willingness to work non-standard schedule: nights,
weekends and holidays as/if required
* Medical, dental and vision insurance
* FSA with debit card
* 401(k) with $.50 on the $1.00 match up to 6%
* Bonus opportunities
* Vacation pay
* Holiday pay
* Annualized reviews for merit increases
* Potential for advancement
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $80,000.00 - $90,000.00 per year
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Health insurance
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Parental leave
* Vision insurance
* Monday to Friday
* What is your desired salary?
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: L&S Mechanical, Richardson , Electrical Service Manager, Executive , Richardson, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!