Real Estate Manager
Company: Pizza Hut
Posted on: January 12, 2022
Pizza Hut is instituting a COVID-19 vaccination mandate for
health and safety reasons. Effective January 3, 2022, Pizza Hut
requires that corporate employees are fully vaccinated against
COVID-19 as a condition of employment, subject to reasonable
accommodation as required by law.
The Real Estate Manager will be responsible for managing the new
unit pipeline and real estate transactions for various corporate
development markets. Manage overall pipeline, broker relationships,
and lease/purchase transactions for Pizza Hut corporate development
program in the territory covered. Partner with extended team
throughout the development process for new corporate locations,
delivering on key performance metrics including Time, Cost, and
- Primary point of contact for corporate development related
activity in various markets. Build relationships with key partners
to influence and build a robust development pipeline. Support
ongoing development results aligned with those plans.
- Schedule and lead routine field visits and trade area sites
rides inclusive of local broker partners, Corporate Development
Leader, and Operations Leaders.
- Perform comprehensive financial modeling to ensure unit level
metrics are in compliance with program guardrails.
- Manage and drive preliminary phases of corporate development
process. This includes market planning, site selection & approval,
and real estate contracts. Work in tandem with internal and
external architects and construction managers to ensure seamless
transitions into permitting, construction, and turnover/grand
opening for each location.
- Attain all corporate development approvals for timely new store
openings within territory. Complete accurate forecasting and risk
assessment for each proposed development deal.
- Utilize project management processes to develop and maintain a
pipeline of projects, track progress against milestones, and
effectively communicate progress and results.
- Ensure all Pizza Hut development activity within territory
covered is compliant and consistent with all related processes and
policies, including Pizza Hut and Yum! development approval
- Execute against aligned upon market plans and asset strategy
planning processes. Perform benchmarking and competitive analysis
within priority markets for territory covered.
- Work closely with legal department to timely negotiate and
secure real estate transactions. Serve as point person to quickly
resolve open issues with landlords and/or developers.
- Support Pizza Hut Development Team as needed in planning,
business reviews, and ad hoc projects.
- Moderate to heavy (30-50%) travel depending on pipeline
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- BA/BS in real estate, finance, business or related field.
Masters in Real Estate or MBA preferred
- Minimum of 5+years of market planning, real estate, development
related experience with demonstrated organizational impact and
increasing responsibility in related areas. Experience in
franchise, multi-unit restaurant/retail industry preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency in broad development technical areas.
This includes site selection, trade area analysis, real estate
contract negotiating, construction management, facilities
management, and architecture.
- Well-developed knowledge of QSR landscape and real estate norms
and trends across key DMA's.
- Relevant development / real estate experience with an
understanding of multiple asset formats will be important.
- A wide network within the real estate community, including Real
Estate Brokers, Town Planners, Developers and Chambers of Commerce
will be beneficial.
- Sound internal motivation, intellectual curiosity, logical
thinking, and a desire to have a large commercial impact on the
organization. Being a Customer Maniac is a must.
- Advanced influencing, negotiation, and sales skills.
- Demonstrated track record of excellent Project Management
skills. Past success driving results via creative thinking and
- Clear and effective communication across all media (face to
face, by phone, in writing) with people at various levels, whether
internal or external to the organization, including Franchisees.
Ability to partner well with cross functional departments.
- Ability to efficiently manage workload with shifting
priorities. Can work autonomously in a fast-paced and
deadline-driven environment while generating actionable
- Strong system/technical skills, including proficiency in the
Microsoft Office Suite with strong/advanced Excel and PowerPoint
skills. Knowledge of Power BI, SmartSheet, Microstrategy, GIS
analytics, and real estate related tools is a plus
Keywords: Pizza Hut, Richardson , Real Estate Manager, Executive , Richardson, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!