Sr Supplier Quality Engineer
Company: Qorvo, Inc.
Posted on: July 31, 2022
SummaryQorvo is looking for an experienced Senior Quality
Engineer to join our Worldwide Supplier Quality Engineering Team.
The ideal candidate would have technical experience in one or more
of the following areas: gases, chemicals, MOCVD Epi wafers.
Supplier Quality Engineers work with our suppliers to Predict,
Prevent, and Protect Qorvo from harmful supplier quality
excursions.This position can be based at any of the following
locations: Richardson TX (near Dallas), Greensboro NC, or Hillsboro
OR (near Portland).You will utilize your broad engineering
experience to support the selection, development, qualification,
and management of suppliers of fab materials such as pHemt and HBT
epi wafers, biologicals, chemicals, gases, metals including
targets, CMP pads, and more.Responsibilties
- Lead global supplier quality problem resolution activities for
- Leverage your extensive knowledge of QMS, SPC, DOE, and your
excellent problem-solving skills to drill deep and drive continuous
quality improvements at assigned suppliers.
- Monitor suppliers' conformance to critical requirements,
initiate SCAR when justified, and work with supplier and Qorvo
stakeholders to develop a robust solution that will prevent a
- Use tools such as Spotfire, JMP, and SQL queries to analyze
supplier data and/or SQE efficiency and effectiveness metrics.
- Evaluate supplier process change requests from a technical
perspective and facilitate technical discussions between supplier
and Qorvo internal stakeholders.
- Maintain Approved Materials Listing and drive approval of new
materials and changes to qualified materials through Clean Launch /
Safe Launch and change management processes.
- Review new material purchasing specifications and updates for
- Represent Qorvo SQE in 3rd party audits of Qorvo or our
suppliers (such as ISO 9001, IATF 16949, AS9100, process sign-off,
or customer audits of Qorvo or of our suppliers), either onsite or
virtually as appropriate.
- Influence supplier selection and drive quality improvements by
rating suppliers (scorecard) and sharing these scorecards with the
supplier and key internal Qorvo stakeholders.
- Drive lean improvement A3 projects at Qorvo.
- Participate in Commodity Management forums as a key quality
- Travel domestic / international 10% to 20% (mostly
- Must be self-motivated and self-directed in fast paced
cooperative technology environment and have demonstrated abilities
to manage multiple priorities, multi-tasking and organizational
skills are paramount.
- Requires strong leadership, communication and presentation
skills, the ability to present and communicate with individuals at
all levels of management, and the ability to excel in a dynamic
collaborative team environment.
- Ability to build relationships with suppliers and internal
customers, who can make things happen, and who can tirelessly drive
change at suppliers.
- The ideal candidate would also have an interest in automation
and/or data analysis of supplier data and/or internal SQE metrics
for efficiency and effectiveness, using tools such as Spotfire,
JMP, SQL databases, and so forth.
- A background in process and/or development engineering in
semiconductors, and ideally at an epi manufacturing company or
academic lab will complement your exceptional problem-solving
engineering skills.Because this position is part of a business unit
that contracts with the US government, qualified candidates must be
U.S. persons (generally a US citizen or green card holder).
Individuals holding temporary visas, such as F-1 or H-1B, are not
U.S. persons.MAKE A DIFFERENCE AT QORVOWe are Qorvo. We do more
than create innovative RF solutions for the mobile, defense and
infrastructure markets - we are a place to innovate and shape the
future of wireless communications. It starts with our employees. As
a unified global team, we bring a commitment to excellence, growth
and a passion for creating what's next. Explore the possibilities
with us.We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) / Affirmative
Action employer and welcome all qualified applicants. Applicants
will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, age, military or veteran status, physical or
mental disability, genetic information, and/or any other status
protected by law.
Keywords: Qorvo, Inc., Richardson , Sr Supplier Quality Engineer, Engineering , Richardson, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!