Lab Support Engineer
Posted on: May 4, 2021
Mavenir is the industry's only end-to-end, cloud-native network
software provider. Focused on accelerating software network
transformation and redefining network economics for Communications
Service Providers (CSPs) by offering a comprehensive end-to-end
product portfolio across every layer of the network infrastructure
stack. From 5G application/service layers to packet core and RAN -
Mavenir leads the way in evolved, cloud-native networking solutions
enabling innovative and secure experiences for end users.
Leveraging industry-leading firsts in VoLTE, VoWiFi, Advanced
Messaging (RCS), Multi-ID, vEPC, and Virtualized RAN, Mavenir
accelerates network transformation for more than 250+ CSP customers
in over 120 countries, serving over 50% of the world's subscribers.
Role Summary The role of the Lab Support Engineer is to contribute
to the creation and maintenance of Mavenir Radio Access Network
(RAN) System Test lab. The role includes setting up and supporting
the RAN test lines in lab. Key Responsibilities
- Contribute to system integration and diagnosis of various
components such as Servers, digital hardware, radio transceivers,
and embedded software and other network nodes and software
components constituting a 4G/5G end to end system.
- Put together and configure test environment to allow end to end
integration is tested for functionality and validation of
- Proactively maintain and develop all Linux, Virtualization and
Cloud infrastructure to maintain service availability all the
- Support lab users in troubleshooting issues in the RAN lab
components like Servers, Radios, Desktop/Laptops, Mobiles and Test
and Measurement equipment.
- Installation and bring up of Servers, which includes
configuring lights-out management (IDRAC, BMC), upgrading firmware,
installing Operating Systems and configuring network.
- Managing and Administration of Linux Servers, KVM and OpenStack
- Maintenance of Hardware and Operating System - activities like
kernel upgrades, OS upgrades, hardware maintenance, virtualization,
- Deploy and Manage the VM's running on KVM and OpenStack cloud
- Proactively monitoring system performance and capacity
- Troubleshooting Linux OS, virtualization, and OpenStack related
- Configuring network switches for connectivity between elements
of end-to-end test lines
- Configuring Time synchronization (GPS, PTP, SyncE) for worker
nodes and radios.
- Setting up Test & Measurement equipment, moving the same within
test lines as per requirement Job Requirements
- An Electrical/Electronic Engineering or Computer
Science/Bachelor's degree in science or 2 years Diploma in
- The ideal candidate will have professional experience in
communications and networking technologies along with expertise in
system integration and validation.--
- Minimum of 3 to 10 years of professional experience including 2
years in relevant Linux administration and lab support.
- Experience in Linux Administration, Virtualization
technologies, Troubleshooting and Configuration.
- Good understanding of networking concepts such as TCP/IP, VLAN,
- Knowledge of OpenStack deployment and administration are
- Familiarity with 3GPP 5G NR and LTE standards, technologies and
products are desirable.
- Effectively communicate with engineers, both local and remote,
to understand the requirements in a fast-paced environment.
- Acquaintance with workflow tools for lab management (Jira,
wiki). Accessibility Mavenir is committed to working with and
providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and
Keywords: Mavenir, Richardson , Lab Support Engineer, Engineering , Richardson, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!