AppD Product Reliability Engineer - Analytics/BiQ
Posted on: November 19, 2020
Who You'll Work WithProduct Reliability Engineers on the Business
IQ team are software engineers responsible for diagnosing and
solving issues in a highly sophisticated multi-tiered SaaS
solution, as well as ensuring that new features rolled out are
easily supportable.What You'll DoWhen customers encounter a problem
that is not solvable through traditional support, we tackle it and
investigate to identify the specific line(s) of code, and fix where
As AppD PRE engineers, we must be quick on our feet, agile,
inventive, and excellent problem solvers. You'll need to spot
patterns, recognize problems, and be tenacious in digging into an
issue to get to the heart of it.
You will continuously look to improve the process through which we
ensure product reliability in the context of our customers diverse
and sophisticated application space through tool development,
testing pipeline development, and custom software development.
The problem space we work in is always evolving. We are constantly
learning new things, about our products, about our customers'
products, and about the state of the art in the technology world
today including the latest frameworks, cloud technologies, and
No matter what technical challenges arise, you will play a critical
and central role in resolving them, driving not just a work around,
but a permanent solution as well as putting in place the testing
infrastructure around the issues and defending against
- Collaborate with the product engineering team to ensure new
features are easy to support and potential issues can be easily
diagnosed and resolved.
- Resolve issues, tackle bugs, and help steer the strategic
direction across AppDynamics product offerings with the customer as
the guiding focus.
- Build internal and potentially customer-facing tools and
- Approach each new project as a mentoring opportunity.
- Write applications and reproduce customer's application
environments and architectures; containers, cloud solutions,
- Work with the AppDynamics Support and Product team to resolve
the most difficult issues with the product.
Who You Are
- You are the kind of engineer that loves solving the hardest of
data and analytics problems and are comfortable rolling your
sleeves up. You also have:
- 4+ yrs of experience preferred. (Min. 4+ yrs including MS in
- Significant experience working with Core Java (J2EE a
- Experience working on shipped or SaaS Software
- Experience with highly concurrent code (i.e.
- Experience with: Hadoop, HBase, Cassandra, MapReduce, Hive,
Redis, MongoDB and related technologies
- Experience with search technologies like ElasticSearch, Solr,
- Experience with at least one RDBMS (MySQL/Sql
- Good knowledge of web protocols, formats, and server
- Good understanding of Unix / Linux environments, with scripting
in bash, Perl or Python.
- Bonus points if you have:
- Production experience in distributed and hybrid cloud
application architectures (Azure, AWS, Cloud Foundry).
- Experience working with .NET and the CLR
- C/C++ or Systems Engineering Knowledge
- Previous experience working with SaaS or cloud
Why Cisco#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our
talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an
inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in
their digital businesses. Some may think we're "old" (36 years
strong) and only about hardware, but we're also a software company.
And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that
adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what
we do - you can't put us in a box!
But "Digital Transformation" is an empty buzz phrase without a
culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even
failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give
our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is
built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take
difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a
dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your ink.
Like polka dots? That's cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are.
Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
Keywords: AppDynamics, Richardson , AppD Product Reliability Engineer - Analytics/BiQ, Engineering , Richardson, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!