Principle FPGA Development Engineer
Posted on: May 15, 2020
Everyone communicates. It's the essence of the human experience.
How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we
live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the
networkour passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role
and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth,
expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify
migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from
busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers- we provide the
essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to
succeed. The world's most advanced networks rely on CommScope
connectivity.Due to growth and customer demand, we are recruiting
for aPrincipal FPGA DevelopmentEngineerto join our team in
Richardson, Texas. DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES:
- Define and develop digital functions for mMIMO 5G wireless
radio units using a solid background in telecommunication/DSP
- Implements FPGA designs for wireless communication systems
design, mainly 4G/5G systems, using RTL (VHDL/Verilog) or
high-level tools (DSP Builder, System Generator).
- Develop signal processing blocks/algorithms for mMIMO system
(such as BeamForming, DDC/DUC/NCO/FFT/IFFT/Filters etc ) in
Matlab/Simulink, and implement them in FPGA.
- Perform accurate simulation and verification of complex RTL
block and designs.
- Support system/hardware designers for FPGA selection, pinout
definition, schematic entry and review.
- Support software engineers for system-on-chip definition,
platform design and design of the proper interfaces between
programmable logic and processor subsystems.
- Define test plans for RTL verification and validate designs on
- Implement complex packet processing block and algorithms, e.g.
eCPRI or ORAN C/U plane protocols.
- Develop design specifications based on project
- Support development of real-time embedded processor core
- Analyze and estimate cost, power consumption, and resource
requirements to determine the optimum FPGA SoC architecture and
- Define working parameters and output and input processes for
system and develop FPGA subsystems modules.
- Implement FPGA based system test and self-test strategies for
top level and module level test environments.
- Develop or adapt test libraries, emulation models, and test
cases from existing IP.
- Verify system designs are in compliance with performance and
- Ensure to complete design and development tasks within allotted
- Work in a team of hardware and software engineers to deploy
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
required with twelve (12) plus years of direct experience OR
Master's degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science with
ten (10) plus years of direct experience.
- Strong FPGA logic and DSP element design background with
ability to do RTL design and verification using Verilog and
- Strong coding, debugging, algorithm design and problem-solving
- Experience working in Xilinx and Intel FPGA development
environments, Vivado and Quartus, and knowledge of Xilinx and Intel
FPGA device families.
- Experience in optimization of high-speed design to achieve
- Proficient in VHDL simulation using ModelSim.
- Familiar with multigigabit packet communication protocols
(Ethernet) and corresponding hardware cores in FPGA.
- Previous work with LTE, WiMax, WiFi baseband or digital signal
processing and digital upconverter/downconverter blocks is a strong
- Experience in simulation of DSP functions and algorithms using
MatLab and Simulink is a strong advantage.
- Knowledgeable in use of digital verification instruments such
as logic analyzer.
- Excellent written and oral skills.
- Practical knowledge of best coding/design practices and
patterns, optimizations and scaling.
- Proficient in using System Verilog for formal design
verification.It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal
Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit,
qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in
employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color,
religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any
other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this
contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41
CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit
discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified
individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative
action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ
and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and
qualified individuals with disabilities.;;
Keywords: CommScope, Richardson , Principle FPGA Development Engineer, Engineering , Richardson, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!