Company: University of Texas at Dallas
Posted on: March 11, 2023
Accounting and Financial Reporting
$55,000-$65,000 Depending on Qualifications
Position End Date (if temporary)
Posting Open Date
Posting Close Date
Open Until Filled
Desired Start Date
This position within the Receivables and Sponsored Accounting department is responsible for optimizing operational effectiveness within the administration of the university's service centers and fiduciary activities. Responsibilities consist of the implementation of standard review cycles for campus service centers, ensuring that charge rates comply with federal and accounting standards, reviewing certain activities for potential component unit status or fiduciary disclosure, and maintenance of procedures and internal documentation.
Minimum Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree - Accounting or Finance.
- Three to five years of accounting work experience. An equivalent level of education and/or experience is acceptable.
- ERP Accounting Systems - Intermediate proficiency.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Experience interpreting laws and contracts, including GASB standards and the federal uniform guidance.
- Experience with sponsored program compliance.
- Experience with process mapping and developing flowcharts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with service center departments to develop annual rate studies that are realistic and comply with applicable regulations.
- Ensure that established rates for the year are applied to actual internal invoicing activity throughout the year.
- Manage central service centers rates studies and associated communication to other departmental users.
- Develop and maintain an annual review cycle that allows for additional focus on each service center.
- Develop and maintain a clear set of guidelines for service center departmental administrators.
- Support the departmental leadership to assessing operational processes that create gaps for compliance with applicable policies and laws.
- Provide training to others, including employees from other departments, on process changes.
- Ensure that reporting processes are functioning as intended during regular ERP system updates.
Join our team and experience amazing benefits!
What we have to offer:
* Remote and/or Hybrid Work Options
* 100% Paid Employee Medical Insurance
* Defined Benefit Pension Plan
* Paid Time Off - Vacation, Sick, and Holiday Package
* Employment Longevity Incentives
* Optional Deferred Compensation Plans
* Employee Tuition Assistance
* All-Expenses Paid Training Opportunities
* Professional Development Support and Mentoring
* Paid Volunteer Opportunities
OBF Diversity Statement
The Office of Budget & Finance (OBF) is committed to providing a working environment that is welcoming, respectful and inclusive of all members of the global community. A diversity of people, ideas and perspectives is crucial to our vision and mission. Our division is a place where employees from all backgrounds are embraced and encouraged in their pursuit of excellence.
About UT Dallas
The University of Texas at Dallas is committed to graduating well-rounded members of the global community whose education has prepared them for rewarding lives and productive careers in a constantly changing world. A diversity of people, ideas and perspectives is crucial to our vision and mission. A charter member of SEA (STEMM Equity Achievement) Change, UT Dallas is a place where members of the community from all backgrounds are welcomed, treated fairly, and encouraged in their pursuit of excellence.
FOR TEXAS RESIDENTS - 100% remote or hybrid work environment available and a UT Dallas Remote Work Agreement is required upon employment. Use of personal computer and other standard office equipment may be required. Must be located within the State of Texas and have the ability to be on campus with 24 hours of notice.
Join our team today and become part of the UTD community!
Special Instructions Summary
1) All employees serve as a representative of the University and are expected to display respect, civility, professional courtesy, consideration of others and discretion in all interactions with members of the UT Dallas community and the general public.
2) UT Dallas does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its programs and activities, including in admission and enrollment. For inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies, contact the Director of Institutional Equity at InstitutionalEquity@utdallas.edu or the Title IX Coordinator at TitleIXCoordinator@utdallas.edu, or call 972-883-5331.
Keywords: University of Texas at Dallas, Richardson , Financial Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Richardson, Texas
here to apply!