Reporting Analyst Finance
Company: University of Texas at Dallas
Posted on: March 11, 2023
Reporting Analyst Finance
Accounting and Financial Reporting
$60K-75K Based on Qualifications
Position End Date (if temporary)
Posting Open Date
Posting Close Date
Open Until Filled
Desired Start Date
The position within the Accounting and Financial Reporting department is responsible for supporting the interpretation, implementation, and documentation of new financial reporting standards and initiatives. Responsibilities include understanding and maintaining chartfield mapping information for external financial statements and internal reporting, conducting preliminary impact analysis for new accounting standards, support the implementation of new laws and accounting standards, and review contracts or transactions to interpret appropriate classification for applicable contracts or similar agreements.
Minimum Education and Experience
Bachelor's - Accounting, Finance or similar; Three years experience in Accounting or in Financial Analysis and reporting or an equivalent combination of education and experience is also acceptable.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Experience interpreting laws and contracts, including GASB standards and the federal uniform guidance.
- Strong experience with balance sheet transactions and analysis.
- Strong experience with financial reporting and troubleshooting.
- Experience with process mapping and developing flowcharts.
- Three years of experience in ERP accounting system.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare internal and external financial reports and variance analysis.
- Interpret GASB standards and analyze the impact to university operations and financial compliance or reporting practices.
- Maintain clear procedures, training, and flowchart documentation for internal and external financial reporting activities.
- Ensure the reporting framework is maintained and adjusted for new chartfields or changes in reporting requirements.
- Support the departmental leadership to assessing operational processes that create gaps for compliance with applicable policies and laws.
- Provide training to others, including employees from other departments, on process changes.
- Ensure that reporting processes are functioning as intended during regular ERP system updates.
Looking for a rewarding career opportunity with great benefits?
Look no further! Join our team!
Some of our great benefits include:
The University of Texas at Dallas is committed to graduating well-rounded members of the global community whose education has prepared them for rewarding lives and productive careers in a constantly changing world. A diversity of people, ideas and perspectives is crucial to our vision and mission. A charter member of SEA (STEMM Equity Achievement) Change, UT Dallas is a place where members of the community from all backgrounds are welcomed, treated fairly, and encouraged in their pursuit of excellence.
OBF Diversity Statement
The Office of Budget & Finance (OBF) is committed to providing a working environment that is welcoming, respectful and inclusive of all members of the global community. A diversity of people, ideas and perspectives is crucial to our vision and mission. Our division is a place where employees from all backgrounds are embraced and encouraged in their pursuit of excellence.
FOR TEXAS RESIDENTS - 100% remote or hybrid work environment available and a UT Dallas Remote Work Agreement is required upon employment. Use of personal computer and other standard office equipment may be required. Must be located within the State of Texas and have the ability to be on campus with 24 hours of notice.
Work in a place where your team values you. Join our team today!
Special Instructions Summary
1) All employees serve as a representative of the University and are expected to display respect, civility, professional courtesy, consideration of others and discretion in all interactions with members of the UT Dallas community and the general public.
2) The University of Texas at Dallas is committed to providing an educational, living, and working environment that is welcoming, respectful, and inclusive of all members of the university community. UT Dallas does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its services, programs, activities, employment, and education, including in admission and enrollment. EOE, including disability/veterans. The University is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities. To request reasonable accommodation in the employment application and interview process, contact the ADA Coordinator. For inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies, contact the Title IX Coordinator.
Keywords: University of Texas at Dallas, Richardson , Reporting Analyst Finance, Accounting, Auditing , Richardson, Texas
here to apply!