Business Intelligence Analyst Senior - Bank
Posted on: July 30, 2022
Purpose of Job We are seeking a talented Business Intelligence
Analyst Senior for either our San Antonio Home Office, Plano
Campus, Phoenix Campus, Charlotte Campus, Colorado Springs Campus,
Tampa Campus, or 100% Remote Work Environment.
The incumbent will be working on call center telephony systems,
including IVR, CRM, WFM, speech analytics, call recording, FCR,
misroutes, transfers, etc. Broad understanding of customer
utterances, intents, and the design of conversational customer
interactions in a self-service environment.
Analyzes complex business problems and issues using data from
internal and external sources to provide insight to analysts and
decision makers. Identifies and interprets trends and patterns in
datasets to locate influences. Creates specifications for reports
and analysis based on business needs and required or available data
elements. May participate in consultation to users and lead cross
functional teams to address business issues. Prototypes solutions
for displaying information based on business needs. Job
Requirements About USAA USAA knows what it means to serve. We
facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military
members and their families. This singular mission requires a
dedication to innovative thinking at every level. Primary
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem
from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are
effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies, standards, and
procedures for business activities.
- Leads and participates in gathering complex and often unique
business requirements by partnering with customers to define the
business problem and data needs.
- Utilizes an advanced understanding of multiple data structures
and sources to lead the development and implementation of business
intelligence solutions, which may include data visualization, data
transformation, or data collection.
- Strategically partners and works with IT execution teams on the
development of analytic infrastructures, data engineering, or
related business intelligence efforts. Includes collaborating on
the design and implementation of technical standards and governance
- Applies data visualization best practices - often selecting the
right data tool for the job to identify and interpret trends or
patterns while following standard Enterprise branding.
- Understands the value of prototyping, usability, and the
end-user experience to maximize the impact of the final data
visualization product (dashboard, report, insight, or
- Acts as a trusted data visualization advisor to the
stakeholder/end-user in order to drive business value. Provides
system thinking to influence relevant data, information, and
application architecture decisions.
- May serve as an Agile champion who is responsible for the
methodology, execution, and team education on best practices.
- May provide internal team leadership by providing guidance on
business intelligence tools, techniques and processes.
- Actively participates in industry, COE, or other
discipline-relevant groups/panels to keep abreast of industry
trends and share best practices with team. When you apply for this
position, you will be required to answer some initial questions.
This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the
questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and
you will not be able to change your responses. Minimum
- Bachelor's degree in quantitative analytics field such as
Economics, Finance, Statistics, Mathematics, Actuarial Sciences,
Operations Research, Data and/or Business Analysis, Data Science or
other business-related discipline; OR 4 years of related experience
in statistics, mathematics or quantitative analytics (in addition
to the minimum years of experience required) may be substituted in
lieu of degree.
- 6 years of data & analytics experience ORa minimum of 4 years
of data & analytics experience and up to 2 years of progressive
functional business relevant experience within the respective
industry of responsibility (i.e. P&C, Bank, Finance, Marketing
etc.) for a total of 6 years combined experienceOR advanced degree
in quantitative analytics field such as Economics, Finance,
Statistics, Mathematics, Actuarial Sciences, Operations Research,
Data and/or Business Analysis, Data Science or other quantitative
discipline and 4 years of experience in data/analytics or
functional business experience within the respective industry of
responsibility (i.e. P&C, Bank, Finance, Marketing, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience in the identification of innovative
approaches to address moderately complex business problems and
- Advanced experience developing business deliverables that
leverage business intelligence platforms, data management
platforms, or SQL-based languages (Tableau, Business Objects,
Snowflake, Hadoop, Netezza, NoSQL, ANSI SQL, or related).
- Proven, expert ability to leverage or build business knowledge
through meaningful partnerships at the individual contributor,
leadership, and EMG levels.
- Demonstrated expert-level communication skills with the ability
to deliver presentations to all levels of management.
- Demonstrated the ability to embed intuitive story telling
within the business intelligence solutions and platforms including
concise presentation of complex technical details. Preferred
- 3 plus years of SQL experience.
- Working knowledge of Python, Big Data and Machine
- Experience with diverse data platforms such as Snowflake,
Netezza, and Hadoop.
- Experience combining data from disparate data sources.
- 2 plus years of Tableau experience.
- Tableau Certification.
- IVR/Contact Center data analysis experience .
- Experience in Financial Services or Banking Industry.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong problem analysis and troubleshooting skills. The above
description reflects the details considered necessary to describe
the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a
detailed description of all the work requirements that may be
performed in the job. Compensation: USAA has an effective process
for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we
remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on
your experience and market position. The salary range for this
position is: $97,200 - $175,000 (this does not include geographic
differential it may be applied based on your work location).
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall
corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the
USAA Board of Directors. Geographical Differential: Geographic pay
differential is additional pay provided to eligible employees
working in locations where market pay levels are above the national
average. Shift premium: will be addressed on an individual-basis
for applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core
hours. Benefits: At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits
to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These
benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans,
401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption
assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid
volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our
career path planning and continuing education assists employees
with their professional goals. Please click on the link below for
more details. USAA Total Rewards Relocation assistance is not
available for this position.
Keywords: USAA, Richardson , Business Intelligence Analyst Senior - Bank, Accounting, Auditing , Richardson, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!